Thursday, November 08, 2007

They’re avoiding my question………

Google, Yahoo.. MSN.. None of ‘em helped… I figured, since I mouthed off about “things to make life fun“… Why not search “Things to avoid in life”

Zilcho… I found all kindsa crap to avoid in certain situations - but no real guidelines about things to avoid in general, in life… Among the crap I found…..

Things to avoid on Valentines day:
Canned Love Poetry, Pretend to (or really!) Forget About It, Roses, again??
Overwhelming Gifts, Letting it End on February 15th

Lemme see… ok… next was Things to avoid by sign….(Whore-o-scope… ain’t that how it’s spelled?) Sorry, gotta bore you with Libra…
What to avoid: People who pick arguments for fun; a dark office; violent films; dull clothes (Don‘t they know me?); a partner who criticizes you (WHY didn‘t I know this in 1982?); anonymity; too much routine; noisy apartments.

Continuing on in the quest for things to avoid in life.. Ahm, things to avoid in a resume cover letter: Don’t use fanciful fonts. Don’t include personal information like your race, sex or marital status. Don’t brag or make statements that can't be quantified. If you go by Bubba, please use your given name of, say, Ralph. (Sorry, I added that one).

Jualah… things to avoid to make a lasting relationship
Never go into a relationship just thinking about the financial wealth of your partner (Screw that.. Elisabeth Shue - I love you for YOU, not your money!)…
Accepting your partner because of his/her educational achievements or status.. Uh huh, “holy shit… check out that 3.66 GPA” (versus “them 36DD’s“).. Being or having a partner who is not supportive of your dreams.. Thinking a partner must be treated according to the number of years they have existed on earth.. Not real sure if their gist here, but I think they were being nice to older farts…

Preggo
German Measles, X-rays, Venereal Diseases, Cigarettes- Alcohol , Drugs, watching other parents with whiney-butt little kids… Geez, being Prego sounds like no fun. Oh, and avoid being married to a smartass man that won’t assist you out of the waterbed during the 9th month - and teases you unmercifully because you can’t get out yourself.. ß honest, this was on there!

Things to avoid on 1st date
Being late, coming on too strong (I suck here), Staring (they had an arrow pointed from his head to her chest!)…being nosy, talking to other people, getting drunk, being cheap (WHAT? The Entertainment Book is off limits on date one?), hurting animals (really, this was on there), not kissing goodnight.

Ok, screw Google. Screw Yahoo. Screw MSN… Really.. What are some things to avoid in life?

Me… the expert… (two-time divorcee… no great retirement plan… a falling down house.. Proud owner of a 1995 HOT… ROD…. LINCOLN.. - that came with wonderful cassette tape player)…….. Says:

Loud people.. To each his/her own.. It’s repugnant to me…There are ways for those that wanna get on center stage other than cranking the amps… I steer clear here anyways…

False promises… “I’m gonna _____”… “Next month I will ______”… “I’m going to start that exercise program I’ve been talking about.” I’m a big believer in actions insteada behavior - inspitea DB in HS calling me “the supreme BS’er.” Seriously, this one bugs the crap outta me…

Credit cards… They ruined several years of my/our life…

No compromise… Relationships, friends, and yes - even some aspects of your work - there’s got to be compromise… My way or the highway just doesn’t cut it for me…

Know-it-alls… Why try to enjoy a conversation with someone who can’t learn anything?

Anything not done in moderation (I reserve the right to exclude the following from this list Miller Lite, salted peanuts, humor, and of course sex.)

Co-workers approaching you that (with intent) turn their head the other way… Why bother?

Flipping undies for a third day…

Being “animal-less”… Yes, they’re a pain, a responsibility, a chore.. The beni’s far outweigh the negative. Get one. And, said with love, screw you non-cat-loving sumbitches… I felt that way once too… now, you’ll never find me without having one, or two…

Avoid writing blogs that make folks fall asleep at the computer (Sorry)… OK, outta here… don’t avoid letting the stuff in your heart flow up to and out of your mouth… avoid holding back/not sharing good things you think of others.. Don’t walk under no ladders.. Step on a crack… continue straight ahead after the black cat crosses…

Thanks for not avoiding this site…. If you were to leave - it would leave A VOID in my life… love, Victurd…

No comments: