Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gusewelle did it again….

The more I read, the more I love this man’s writing.. (C.W. Gusewelle/KC Star)… Today - ending an article about going with his friend and his friend’s 12 year old son fishing - he ended with “I will count that another in my collection of perfect days.”

Yesterday - was a day I will count in my collection of perfect days. Catom, I’m sorry - they gave a good fight, have had a wonderful season - but if you only knew my passion for MU over the years… I would hope if would be of some consolation. I understand the pre-game, the game, the folks watching in bars/pubs - there was little, if any, altercation. Who knows if the same would be true if us “meth headed, inbred, hillbillies” had been on the other side of the ledger - but I’d like to think so..

Another reason I sometimes hate me (which strangely helped lead to this being a perfect day) - have you ever see someone and IMMEDIATELY label them, and the label is not positive? I’m positive I have…

The feller who usedta date my ex way back in the dinosaur days - I’ve had an inward snarl veered at him from day one I knew who he was. We shared a beer and the game last night - nice, nice man. Dammit sometimes I hate me!

Idiocy #2. Another dude, humongous feller, first time I laid eyeballs on him - I pictured the brute-hunter-cruel-inhumane person. I didn’t like his walk. Didn’t like what I perceived his perception of himself. Post game at a friend’s house. I was petting the hostess’s 11 yr old long-haired cat.. Brute sits down next to me on sofa… Extends hand, says “hi I’m so-and-so” and begins to tell me the story of how he usedta date hostess some 11-12 yrs ago… they’d driven to her uncle’s house in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan… dude across the street from gal’s uncle hated this kitten (one and the same) because his dog got hit by a car chasing the kitten across the street. More.

Man wanted to literally kill the cat - so they hustled “Bobby” (named after her uncle) into his truck - drove however many miles it is from the UP back down to KC.. And that “he was so cool.. He just sat calmly on the ‘hump’ between our seats the whole way.” And then brute shared he had another cat back home in San Diego - and I related the tales of my own Jackson (“the Gentle Giant” Maine Coon) and Figaro (the cross-eyed-runs-into-walls-Eveready-Bunny-still-going tabby)… “Figaro, what a cool name.” Dammit Victor, are you done now making first impressions?

Two tickets to MU-KU game: $100

Two Miller Lites at Arrowhead: $14

MU 36, KU 28... Todd “It’s Showtime” Reesing with his helmet chewing cud… Stiff, puffed lower-lip KU fans blogging “wait until basketball season”.. “Our bus was late”.. “Shoulda been a home game at KU we woulda won”.. “We missed two field goals, woulda beat you.”…

PRICELESS.

(Sorry Catom! Yes, I know you will probably kick our butts in basketball - still, I’m from Missouri - you’re gonna have to Show Me.)

Quick note to niece who sent me a wonderful email about her diet success’s, and how she received a Christmas gift of a nice, leather winter coat a few years back - but had never been able to wear it because goofy uncle has no idea when it comes to sizes (my words, not hers) - anyways, she put it on, zipped it up with ease yesterday. Way to go woman, you go girl!

So C.W… MU winning. Victor realizing he can be an idiot BUT still can learn at my age.. (I pinched myself, said “I know you’re human, but don’t do that shit again….k?”)… I too will file this away as “another in my collection of perfect days.”

Happy day, may yours hopefully be added to your collection.

Love, Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe I, at one time, felt the need to apologize to you for putting you in a pigeon hole, and assuming things about you I had no right to assume. Thanks for pointing out I'm not the only one! Nancy