Sunday, November 04, 2007

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth…….

Yeah I know… but hell… I’ve related my equine expertise to you before… Dated this chicky… nice chicky.. Was living her dream in country.. Two horses… each having unique personalities… One would be riding calm, peaceful - and in the next minute decide he didn’t want you on his back any longer… The other… like a rock.. Steady.. Dependable.. What you saw is what you got… always..

So after months of begging “please come ride with me”.. I gave in… but… “let’s start in the arena first, that way I won’t end up at the base of some cliff somewhere in case this sport ends up being like any other sport I’ve butchered where I don’t have control" (ice skating, roller skating, etc.)… and u know the rest.. GD rock steady horse… went straight for the corner of the arena… dropped anchor… I was humiliated.. And finished..

So… I ain’t real sure about that ‘don’t look a gift horse in the mouth..’ Could be a buncha horseshit for all I know…

This morning’s KC Star… about… (Answer at end)… “______ is unique. He shows his feelings. He’s personal. He doesn’t act like the tough-guy cowboy. He’s a family man, and he shows it.”

Continuing… “in life and song, he also empathizes with the woman’s point of view, whether she’s a mother or a wife, or both.”…”I’ve always hung around my mother and my sister a lot… I find myself being able to work with women very easily.”

And s‘more… “The greatest achievement I’ve ever done is be a father to three beautiful girls”… (LD areya listenin’?).. What is left to know is, that’s where my future lies. Because I am responsible for the mark my children make on this world… That’s the only thing I know for sure.”

The Star summing up Garth Brook’s comments: “If that wasn’t a “feminine side” he tapped into, it was then, a flash of tenderness or something many fathers have trouble discovering and expressing: a maternal streak.”

One more gaze at that gift horse finds Spanish heartthrob actor Javier Bardem relating “We could not afford a baby-sitter when my mother went to the theater:… “I’ve always been surrounded by strong female personalities, and I respect them. I think they are far stronger in the soul than men. I am still a romantic. For me, the most attractive woman is the person who is at peace with herself. Calm but not boring. No matter how good that person looks, when I see somebody at peace, that is sexy to me..”

Ok Bobby - I’m done with this topic - a promise. As I’ve given it more reflection - and it’s my promise to keep it a secret from your Argentine/Strawberry Hill/Quindero buds - the more I think about it - the more I think your vision, opinions of, and admiration for women - the more I think we’re just damn near on an even keel in this area.

Ok… better get ma gait picked up… trot to gas station to filly up…tack-y huh?… eh, another ‘also ran’ blog.. I’d better bolt… (in a bit)… enjoy the field… be nice to handicaps… get a handle on things… jockey the important things in life.. Get a leg up on life… many of us are in the stretch turn of life…time to whip up some fun… remember though… don’t look a gift horse in the mouth… giddy up… Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what's sexier than a man showing his feminine side? It's a man who shows his feminine side then politely tells the guys who dog him about it to booger off! Because every man I've ever know who was willing to show his feminine side was also aware of, and willing to act on, the fact that women want five or ten extra minutes for us before we start ..... important things with you! Men who know that keep us coming back for more ...... of the important things. I'm just saying.