Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A preachment, dear friend you are about to receive on John Barleycorn Nicotine and the temptations of Eve...

No… This ain’t about parking by the sewer sign, hot dogs, or broken razors. (And if you’re scratching your head, you’re one young sumbitch.)

Preachment: preaching or sermon, esp. a long, tiresome one…

I say this, because (as always).. what’s written – is written TO me.. shared.. but not with the intent to preach, suggest, mend, alter, etc.. I like life. I like to believe life can be even better……… so…… I write suggestions to me.. and then post ‘em..

Water drippin' up the spout
But I dont care, let it all hang out

Today I searched… “Put more fun in your life”… or… “Make your life more fun” or something like that… and I found some ideas – I think – are pretty cool.

Swinging….. When’s the last time you were on a swing? Actually went to a park a few months back with co-workers and did this. Was therapeutic.

Random acts of connections..… Wave to a fireman. Say ‘hi’ to a cop. Salute a soldier. Strike up a friendly conversation with the Circle K chicky when buying cigs.

Hangin' from a pine tree by my knees
Sun is shinin' through the shade
Nobody knows what its all about
It's too much, man, let it all hang out

A just for fun phone call… Have you ever noticed – 99% of phone calls made start with a almost fakey “HEY, how are you?”.. followed by a similar reply.. then.. a very brief moment of silence.. and then you get to the meat-a-the-matter of why you’re calling. I like the idea of calling someone for absolutely no reason. I’d like it if I received a call from someone who had no specific reason for calling me other than they simply wanted to talk to me – just to say ‘hey’….

15 minutes a day of doing absolutely nothing…. Go on a walk. Listen to music. Sit on the couch. Dance, run, jog, skip or stretch. Write, paint or sketch. Pet an animal or plant. Listen to the wind. Take yourself on a date. Do something that is alive and energizing for you.

Saw a man walkin' upside down
My T.V.s on the blink
Made Galileo look like a Boy Scout
Sorry 'bout that, let it all hang out

Mix it up… Have breakfast for dinner, dinner for breakfast.. Got kids? Hell, have dessert first – a sure crowd pleaser. Use ‘fun’ utensils insteada the normal fork/spoon. Have justa spatula for one, an eggbeater handle for another, and perhaps a large serving spoon.. and then laugh as you eat…

Decorate with stuff that makes you smile…. Forget Martha Stewart – or Nathaniel P. Interior Decorator.. put up stuff that has mems.. or funny stuff.. or family stuff.. and who cares what outsiders think….

Write a letter to someone you cherish. Tell them everything you’d say as if it were the last time you could ever communicate with them.

Go swimming. Hell, that’s an easy one – but in this hustle-bustle world – whoever does it any more?

Sleep all day, drive all night
Brain my numb, can't stop now
For sure ain't no doubt
Keep an open mind, let it all hang out

Share your life experience…. Keep in mind that not everyone knows what you know. Your personal experiences can be valuable to others. You might be surprised by what some people don?t know about life! I always am.

When you hear someone discussing a topic and you’re completely lost.. jot it down… If there’s something you think of that you’d like to know about, and probably should know about it… jot it down.. add to the list stuff that perks you – and you’d love to learn more… Then set aside some time to Google for your own selfishness…

It's rainin' inside a big brown moon
How does that mess you baby up, leg
Eatin' a Reuben sandwich with sauerkraut
Don't stop now, baby, let it all hang out

Let it all hang out
Let it all hang out
Let it all hang out

Ok ushers, pass the damn collection plates out now. Kidding. I know I’m weird. Don’t care. Just enjoy life, would like it if it were even better. Happy day. Happy night. Let it all hang out.. Love, Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE you! Oops, I mean I LOVE this blog!