Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thank you for being a friend….

Tis a day to reflect… What’s going thru your brain as you awaken this Thanksgiving Day, 2007? We all have our own lists… and I’d love for you to share yours…

I’m thankful for my company of employ… No, neither of us is perfect - but, you allow me to have shelter, light, heat, food in the fridge, gasoline to peddle across town - and yes, even enough for an occasional cold one.

I’m thankful for my remaining family. Time changes all things - and we don’t see one another like days of old - but the bonds can never be broken, nor memories taken away.

I’m thankful for family that’s no longer among us. I’m thankful to you for you’ve given me the ability to see from your shoes, laugh from your bellies, and love from your hearts..

I’m thankful for the Kansas City Star. Reading it each day reminds me - I’ve got another day to make whatever I wanna try to make out of it.

I’m thankful for athletics on all levels - you give me moments I can’t wait for, wardrobes in my closet, fun banter with opposing fans, wins, losses, exaltation, frustration, tenseness - and sometimes even tears.

I’m thankful for my friends. There’s nothing more special in life than eyeballs that meet and are ensconced solely on another… an email shared.. A joke passed on… a tease.. A touch.. A sharing of your/my lives.. We all make transitions in life - whether it be mates, jobs, health conditions, emotional conditions, bad luck, good luck - friends are the net under the high wire. The sounding board. The sense-makers. The consolers. The wiser ones. Free to give advice - yet understanding how we use it is our own choice. I wouldn’t be here today without my friends.

I’m thankful for this arena (blog) - and even more thankful there is anyone that gives a rats ass to be here. I have brief pity parties (No Victor, not you?) and see so many lives of excitement - then I write from my combined “bedroom-library-living room” of life - and sincerely wonder why anyone stops by. I’m extremely thankful you do. I’m thankful for your comments - they are to me what orgasms are to sex partners.

I’m thankful for time on earth. Light, dark, hot, cold, pleasant.

I’m thankful to my eye doctor who’s given me these new eyes enabling me to continually have visual orgasms in life. People watching. Be it a football game, a parade, a festival, the City Market, the mall, WalMart - Piggly Wiggly. Little kids playing/smiling… the wonderful female derrieres of 20, 30, 40, 50, 60-somethings… fashion… nature’s turning of the seasons… viewing the soft snow from a 70 degree room..

I am thankful for pets - who ask so little yet give so much. When you think of their contained/controlled lives - yet - at every first minute they see you it’s like ‘the highlight’ of their day.

I’m thankful for past lovers - and promise to always keep the good - and to not remember the why-it-ended part…

I am thankful opportunity exists for a future lover. I want so badly to shop for you… to rub your shoulders at the end of the day… to become one… to have ‘eyegasms’… to have the smile upon hearing your voice on the phone.. Every day that passes I am this much closer to you… please ‘cmere before I am in the obits, or, I pee my pants and forget my name.

I am thankful 365 days of the year - but am very very glad we have this day to reflect, to stop, to observe the roses, smell the roses, and hand one out.

God Bless all… travel safe… love a lot… hug a lot… smile a lot… and may you have some kinda gasm today.. Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking a break from cooking, which I never do, for my lovely cousin and his wonderful wife and I stopped to check your blog. Aren't you impressed? I knew I could count on you! So thanks for you thoughts, and for the things I left out but shouldn't have.
Happy Thanksmas!==Nancy