Monday, December 24, 2018

WHAT'S RIGHT?

Huh?

You're supposed to ask "WHAT'S WRONG?"

I reckon, but oft times I like to take the sdrawkcassab approach....

The Chiefs... Oh Lordy Lordy.. We've lost two in a row.. Three of five... Guy carries the ball like a loaf of bread, it's knocked out easily... our 4th string running back (now 1st string) fumbles... we add to our penalty total in 'leading' the league... more people dislike Bob Sutton than that guy on Twitter... our D-backs coach obviously tells 'em, shake their hand, arm, shoulder, side, anything, all-the-way-down-the-field so they don't get away...

Fuller, that Canadian Doctor dude, even the safety we cut that came back to be our 1st string safety are all now hurt.. it's been fugly..

Yeah but... What's right?

Whaddya mean what's right? I got a text from my cousin midway thru the 4th Quarter "Turning channel to Hallmark movie, at least there I'll know it will be a happy ending."

I shot my mouth off to a guy that grew up with me because he moved to Washington and is now a Seahawk fan... Now, eating crow. (Does it taste like chicken too?)...

My fingernails are gone... I'm glad my temper has subsided over the years because I stopped myself from throwing that perty vase thru my bigscreen TV...

I AIN'T gettin' any younger... neither is Andy Reid, Dustin Colquitt, Justin Houston, or Warpaint. Hell, is Warpaint still even alive? Shucks, Clark Hunt himself is fitty-three!

Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, but what's right?

WHADDAYA MEAN WHAT'S RIGHT? Pollyanna, pffft, WHY do you always have to look for the positive?

Well... besides the fact that's important when jump starting a car, ahm, mebbe it'll lower your blood pressure too Victor. I DON'T NEED MY BLOOD PRESSURE LOWERED! AND DADGUMMIT, I WATCHED THE GAME, THE ENTIRE GAME, THEN I HADTA READ 5 PAGES ABOUT THE SAME DAMN THING THIS MORNING... How can you ask "What's right?"

Let's go back to the start Victor.. You mean like when that lady doctor delivered me in 1952? Well, no.. You mean kiddygarten, where for years I was like a C+ student, but proudly got my BS Degree in SIX long years of college? Well, not exactly...

Damnit then, WHAT? If you start going over my marital history, I AM gonna grab that perty vase and wing it right at your temple!

OK, OK, I won't!...

Let's go back to pre-season.. OK, let's...

And Victor, in pre-season, what did you think the Chief's record would be this year.. Eh, I dunno, I figured Mahomes would be good, but not as good as he's been.. I knew we'd take some lumps.. I think I guessed 8 and 8, maybe 9 and 7.

Uh huh, and what are we? Thank's for making me look at the damn paper again, we're 11 and 4.

And who do we play next week? Oakland. I love Andy, but I wish for one week he'd bring Marty in the help him, remember all those guys talking about "Raider week" back then? Yes, Victor I do. Can you tell me what Oakland's record is? Sure Poly, it's 3 and 11, and they play Denver tonight..

Ohhhh, so you mean they'll have one less day to prepare than us eh? Yeah, true, but can you imagine all the Rolaids our guys musta downed on that long flight home from SEA?

Victor, we're talking about what's right. OK, Poly. Next question.

So, we're 11-4, and let's cut Oakland a break, say they win tonight and will be 4-11. Yeah, go on...

And Victor, where will this game versus Oakland be played at? It's a home game pigskin-breath, you knew that. Yes, yes I did.

And Victor, if we win? Well, if we win, it means we ain't gotta go up to that airport just'n off'n I-29 by that Platte City Water tower. Yes Victor, we'd secure home field advantage all the way thru the playoffs.

Starting to feel better Victor?  Oh sure Doc, now I suppose you're gonna tell me tomorrow is Christmas too. Ahm, Victor...

And Victor, even if we lose.. we'll still be in the playoffs.. and even if we lose then, well... you made it thru the two divorces didn't you? DAMN. You just missed me Victor, I dunno if that Humpty vase can be put back together or not!

OK, OK, OK, OK, I get the idea.. You win Poly. I know I have a tendency to ask myself "what's wrong" when it should be the other way around, but you see, I was a C+ stu.. VICTOR!!!! OK dangit. You're right, there's a lot right.

Mahomes has been incredible, and SO much fun to watch. All that, plus he's humble. Hill, Kelce, Jones, Ford, Houston, many, yum. I ain't had this much fun since EJ Holub's 14th knee surgery...the season has been a blast.

Hey Doc, or pigskin-breath or Poly, whatever your name is? Yes Victor. I appreciate you straightening me out. Reckon life is all about how you look out the helmet eh? Yes Victor, I reckon it is... You ain't by chance a chiropractor too areya? Ahm, no Victor, I'm not, why? What's wro.... oh, nevermind. Hey, have a Merry Christmas. You too Doc.

GO CHIEFS!

By Henry Stram Gibson,

Love, Victurd

No comments: