Saturday, December 22, 2018

RX.......

Be nice.

Love children. You are one, forever (if you're lucky).

Smoke pot if it's legal in your State. It ain't here, so I don't. But me thinks I would if it was. Ever seen a fistfight and a bong on the same back porch? Me neither. Besides, who doesn't love Doritos?

Laugh. At yourself. Your zipper may be down. Your shirt inside-out. Could be a dryer sheet falling from the cuff of your pants. You might button your shirt/blouse starting with the wrong buttonhole. You, I, may just simply look funny. Feast on it.

The rear view mirror. Mean people, drive on. Past woes, zoom zoom. Zits, use the mirror in-between the front seats - otherwise you'll look like a dog.....well, that, and telephone poles.

Any time you can pee, do so.

Brush your chops, regularly.. it's much easier when they're in your mouth than when you're holding them in in your hand.

Make lists:

"I was taking a nap." "I went to the gym, left my phone in the car." "I was talking to someone else and I couldn't figure out how to talk to two people at once on my damn phone." (Suggestions for when asked "why didn't you answer when I called?")

Grocery lists. Cause it's fun to cuss at the Piggly Wiggly when you realize you forgot it. When you cuss, do so in the bread aisle, not the frozen food aisle... you might offend someone and get a pint of Haagen-Dazs bounced off your noggin.

To do lists, so, when you retire, you can put it over here, so you can do tomorrow.

Be nice to old people. Good Lord willin', we'll be one.

Dance, even if you suck at it like me. With much practice, it will help you to do the pee pee dance when all the urinals/stalls are occupied.

Hold a door. Let someone checkout in front of you. Especially if you are a 'derriere' man (or woman).  Sorry. Kinda. Not really.

If you get really mad at someone, go to the bathroom. Stare in the mirror, pretend 'it's them.' Have at. Cusswords allowed. Get it out. Yeah baby, that's right, "and so is your old man." Who knows, you might also see ear/nose hairs that need plucking.

Always use good, bright lighting. It will show imperfection. We are that.

Take a nap, anytime you can. Ever fistfight, get mad, run into someone you didn't wanna, eat too much, spend too much, worry too much, reenergize too much during a nap? Me neither.

Crank the music. It will prepare you for old age when you have to.

Smile. A lot. Smiles feel good. Smiles are nice to look at. When you smile, folks wonder why. You, the smilee', can boast a large list of reasons for it. You no likey the other person but you remember it feels good to smile. You like them, so you smile. You just got laid. You're maybe just about to get laid. Smile, best laid plans of mice and men. Sure, "an apple a day", but I lean more towards smiles. Seems to lower blood pressure. Talk. Unite.

When I go into any place public, I honestly search to stare at someone who continually boasts a beautiful smile. I'm being serious, I can do that. I admire that person. I applaud whomever raised that person. I pray for good things for that person. I have full confidence that person has confidence in themselves - and, that they are a blessing to the people in their lives. Oh what a wonderful RX to this thing called life.

Praise, be it someone's smile, dress, hat, coat, new purse, jeans, living room set, window ornament... or simply praise them "just for being them".. I find, anyways, it's very nice to be on the receiving end of praise. Feel good, what better? Ok yes, sex, but, hey, maybe you'll get praised for that? EVEN better'n a Peanut Buster Parfait!

Enjoy - it is a choice you know?.

Remember, good follows bad.

The very best hitters in baseball are successful one in every three attempts.

Silence is golden...especially in those first five seconds when someone has said something that really peeves you... I struggle with this one. I wanna toss that Haagen-Dazs right back at 'em, knock 'em over, throw a punch, yada.. Nope. Can't. When I think of the people I respect and admire the most - they ALL share the quality of not being a "blurter". Yum. Calmness, smile, love wins out. Every time.

About worry: “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” – Winston Churchill

Love. Yes, we all may get burned, but what better than to have loved?

Mix it up. I guess I've done that, without intent, above. There are times it's so fun to be a dork, and times it feels so very good to be serious. We needs both. Sure, we can messup the timing on each of those.. we be human, hear us error.

Love yourself. We ain't perfect, no one is. (That just gave me an idea.. shoulda named my child "No One." As in, No One is perfect!)

I love you, and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy prescription for life.

Stay away from the eggnog, yuck, stand under the mistletoe.

By Henry RX Gibson,

Love, Victurd

No comments: