Thursday, February 01, 2018

Vargy pitched a great game........

Open Facebook, insert foot.

Balance.

Checks and balances.

Differences.

Maybe not quite BFF's and certainly not FWB but FWD = Friends with differences.

I get worked up. I shouldn't.

I get worked up. I should.

Damnit darnit, what is the way?

Facebook is wonderful, I hate it.

I'm comforted we all walk into the Post Office going past the same, beautiful red, white and blue flag. On vacation, recently met folks from Australia, Germany, England. I listened with bated breath as we conversed and I was super interested in their take of "us." There, I said it. Us. US.

I've deleted a few that wear blinders - and, from the recent "how many hate me?" thing on FB, well over 200 have said astalavista to me. It's cool. It's balance. It's us, as in US. (Maybe I speaky with forked tongue and wear blinders as well huh?)

What I hate is... folks I love.. a dude I usedta coach... a fraternity brother.. one of my best friends from work... two neighborhood kids, heck, even a girl I'd kissed at the Plaza Theater..- we're of different, opposite beliefs - and I NEVER ever want to get so worked up to the point of losing them as friends... (relax, the ones I deleted, we were never all that close.. still doesn't make it right, oh well.) Point is, these/us, we're FWD, friends with differences. At the end of the day, I'd like to think we smile, shake hands - and go shoot bottle rockets together on the 4th of July.

Moose, Hos and Dyson. Awhile back they rushed from a game to a sport's bar to see a Merriweather pay-per-view fight. This specific sport's bar happens to be owned by the largest sport's talk radio station in our city. The joint was packed, so much so that any more entrants would put them in violation of fire code.

Moose, Hos and Dyson were denied entry.

Next day, Vargy pitched a great game, Moose homered. Moose was all upset by the events the night before (being turned away at the gate). Shame on him, do as I say, not as I do. When asked, after the game a question by a TV reporter, Moose would give a reply to the question. When asked a question by our City's other sport's radio station reporter, he replied to the question. When asked a question by the reporter that worked for the radio station/sport's bar that turned them away the night before, he would repeat "Vargy pitched a great game" - which had absolutely nothing to do with the reporter's question.

This continued, and continued - quite frankly to the point of discomfort. "Are you upset by last night's events?" (being turned away and not allowed entry to the the boxing match) "Vargy pitched a great game."... "Why are you doing this, why don't you answer our questions?".. "Vargy pitched a great game." Same answer, to infinity, to when the cows come home.

I care that I care politically. I care that others care politically. I get all worked up. Others, I think, get all worked up too.

At the time, I really disliked the interview with Moose, actually thought he was kinda being childish.

I've jumped, boiled, taken an extra BP pill (Blood pressure, not batting practice), veins popped, got all huffingly mad at some posts - and typed. Damnit darnit, I wished I hadn't done that. (Reminded me of the little ole lady who tried the old liquid white out to wipe out her words on the computer screen.) Victor, you idiot.

Yeah but.. yeah but.. we need balance.. we have differences.. it's what keeps us ticking whilst we're blessed to be on this side of the grass...

Yeah but.. yeah but...

Today, I kinda like Moose's pat answer.

So, if you see a future political post that upsets me to no end, watch for "Vargy pitched a great game." In a way, it shows I'm PO'ed, but it somehow affords me to no sticky foot in mouth, or cleat, in Moose's case. Maybe Moose was onto something.

I love 'us'. Uh huh, US. We're FWD's. That said,

DACA, dreamers, DT, Kennedy response, shitholes, taxes, education; the differences within - yada:

"WHY YOU MISERABLE....!!!!!... DAMNIT DARNIT!!!... YOU!!!... ahem, I mean, Vargy pitched a great game."

Love, Victurd.

No comments: