Saturday, November 18, 2017

A recipe.....



Danger danger, warning warning... this one is personal, turn left here if ya like....

Ya might recognize a couple. We all have our "kitchens" in life. What's your recipe?

Tork, presence on the mound. Nothing fazed this man. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face.
Why is it, the ones with the most zest are taken the earliest?

My beloved boss Tommy... "Assholes and elbows, that's what I wanna see" <-- we were maintenance workers in the view of, paid by,local citizens. "Busy hands are happy hands." Marital advise: "Find ya one you ain't gotta shake the sheets to find."

Richard J. Demonstrated breakout in song whenever, wherever. Ya don't need an invite, or to ask for permission. Laugh loudly, anywhere, anytime. It's a feel good.

Irene D. "Catch 'em being good."

Uncle G, maybe the nicest man on the planet with a smile to match... to waitress "Can I get a little sugar?"

Uncle D (or was it C?). Walked thru doorway with whomever the most recently newborn family member was cradled in his arms, purposely hitting his elbow on the door frame making a loud noise, eliciting "OH NO!'s". Got us every time.

My g-ma. G-pa driving down Court Street @ 27 mph, us three cousins tucked in the backseat. "MAN! MAN! SLOW DOWN! YOU'RE GONNA KILL THESE CHILDREN!"

The 80-something year old mortician, driving six of us pallbearers and a casket to the gravesite. If oncoming traffic did not pull over, show the deserved brief moment of respect, he swerved at 'em.

Woody and his pricing tactics. 1 = A, 2 = B, 3 = C, 4 = D, etcetera, thru 9 and 0. Boxes marked accordingly. Say, cost on a TV was $213, his box would be labeled in magic marker "BAC". Folks were amazed when he (added his profit, and) tossed figures of cost to the potential buyer on appliances with no number markings on them? How did he store all that in his brain?

BA "Going like 60."

Dr. D, after making a point in Logic class... "Dig?"

Vic R. Demonstrating "why let a moment pass without a smile on your face?"

Steven F. "Yes, I'll admit sometimes life has been a little rough, but, it's been blessed life with great big thanks to God."

Mom, "the secret to success in life is how you handle Plan B."

Dad... I'm going to make up a story, tell it to you all, and end it with a punch line, and at that point you will realize I've been 'fishing'. I like fishing. I'm pretty good at it, because halfway through the story you will be thinking "This is Bud Schultze, and we know 99% of the times his stories are, pardon the pun, "BS", but this one sounds real, gonna listen to see how it ends." Almost always ends with a smile and the thought "Oh S___, got me again."

Dad (again).. in song.. "She's got freckles on her BUT(T?) she's pretty."

Sister, without saying so, "I'm going to give you something, do something for you, and after I've done it, I'm going to praise you so highly I will convince you that YOU have done for ME." (And she was the best at that.)

Harry.. "HOLY COW!"

BLR, the most gracias giver without ever asking for anything in return.

Mary R.G.: Watch me life, I'm gonna smile at you NO MATTER WHAT!

Fred G. "Well, I was painting a classroom in Jewell Hall. I farted. Aloud. I heard a giggle. Little did I know there was a coed studying quietly in the back of the room. I scraped the toe of my shoe on the tile, hoping to make a similar noise to fool her into thinking that's what happened. Don't think it worked." A life lived with/in humor.

George F. "I/we spend of lot of my/our classtime laughing, but I'm good with that. There's a lot to be learned there." He never said that, but he lived it.

David D. "You know, I know, I'm gonna hit a line drive down the third baseline. Stop me if you can." And they usually didn't.

George B. "Having sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope." "Goodnight Gracie."

A partial list of ingredients.

I/we area part of all we've met. Sad, but what a yummy recipe. Love, Victurd.

No comments: