Friday, April 08, 2011

You've got to pickup every stitch...

Are you good at following directions? Can you pickup every stitch? Perty please then, open anudder window, copy the below... paste... THEN COME BACK HERE! (THANKS, loveya! <-- that's fancy for I haven't figured out how to add music to this crap yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5aPhGQ0L9Q

When I look out my window,
Many sights to see.
And when I look in my window,
So many different people to be
That it's strange, so strange.
You've got to pick up every stitch,
You've got to pick up every stitch,
You've got to pick up every stitch,
Mm, must be the season of the witch,
Must be the season of the witch, yeah,
Must be the season of the witch.

Interesting. Pick up every stitch - knitting term. Acid trip?.. Insane asylum? Who knows. Out the window.. MANY strange people... All walks...

Look IN my window.. Multiple personality disorder? The folks around.. co-workers, family, friends, whatever <-- “Witch,”certain somewhere in that grouping.

When I look over my shoulder,
What do you think I see ?
Some other cat looking over
His shoulder at me
And he's strange, sure he's strange.
You've got to pick up every stitch,
You've got to pick up every stitch,
Beatniks are out to make it rich,
Oh no, must be the season of the witch,
Must be the season of the witch, yeah,
Must be the season of the witch.

Eerie. Ever sit at PC and you just KNOW/"FEEL" someone behind you? The spooky ones are the ones who don't interrupt you, let you keep on task, and again, you simply sense they are there...

Halloween maybe? Again, Wiki tells us probably psychedelic trip -and, for the 60's that probably fits...

The “every stitch” .., I'm guessing, means a persistent parent (thank God I wasn't raised by one of those).. perhaps a boss... a coach.. a teacher... an incessant 'friend'..

Looking “in” window... at ourselves.. Paranoia.. the different people within.. We're all different... if we all thought aloud – we'd probably either be fired, placed on probation, locked up – or, put in straight-jackets...

You've got to pick up every stitch,
The rabbits running in the ditch,
Beatniks are out to make it rich,
Oh no, must be the season of the witch,
Must be the season of the witch,
Must be the season of the witch.
When I look.

Donovan oh Donovan, what doest thou mean? Or, simply just rhyming? Please, do tell..
Hard to "pick up every stitch," but perhaps just your point...

When I look out my window,
What do you think I see ?
And when I look in my window,
So many different people to be
It's strange, sure it's strange.
You've got to pick up every stitch,
You've got to pick up every stitch,
The rabbits running in the ditch,
Oh no, must be the season of the witch,
Must be the season of the witch, yeah,
Must be the season of the witch.

Finished? Going?

When I go.. when I go....

Rabbits running in the ditch is a good thing, cause I don't like seein' em in the middle of the road.. Beatniks? Coffee house, acoustical guitars.. Been 40 years.. Closest thing today – mebbe those that congregate weathered at the intersections of Interstate connections by traffic lights... Saying/signifying “help” without formally doing so.

Looking out my window is different. Looking in, ditto. I'm (quite a bit) rebel, so the every stitch thing (Ordering, bossing) is like fingernails/chalkboard to me.

A brief respite here to say “who gives a damn about the lyrics, their meaning, just LISTEN, enjoy”... and I do.. hope u do too.

When I go, I normally say, Love, Victurd. Love Victurd..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pick up every stitch, could also be crocheting, tatting, but given the time frame when Donovon wrote this, very well was drug related, either lsd, thc, or some other alphabet variety..........or maybe just cause it all rhymes. and the music is the sort that gets stuck in your head, nicely though.

interesting thoughts.......keep up the good work
j