Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Leggo'a my leggo.......

“Letting go”..... wow, whadda term, thought. Ranges anywheres from ordering at the fast food joint.. “curt” snotnose on speaker.. patience, “letting go” before ya hit the window... to.. a 20+ marriage down drain... mebbe more difficult things...

I still 'play' softball. Shouldn't. But do. Don't wanna leggo of yesteryear. Youth. "Can't".. The 60's, 70's, 80's, yada.. Screw that, from the neck up, I'm still young. Yes Victor, but from the neck up is of very little importance in playing softball. Bite me. Hey Toad, wanna play catch?

Those that ain't here any longer. I so love you all, and I hope you ain't in same boat as I (“the Lone Ranger” from nuclear family).. but too.. I know many have lost spouse, child... so – I'm very, very sorry for that.. Still, I miss my mother, father, sister. I will never leggo'a them. Never.

I love when people never leggo'a their spunk, passion, fervor – be it politics, men/women's rights, equality, animal rights, religion, the love'a blue's music, Farmville, Sudoku, creed, old cars, fishing, hunting, Harley's – WHATEVER. I likes 'attached' folks.

(((((((((((((((((((Don't take my "go" away from me
Don't you leave my pattern in misery
If you do then I'll be blue
'Cause lettin' go his hard to do))))))))))))))))

Harmful words. We've all been on the receiving end. Vely hard to leggo. You conjure up their face in your sleep... mebbe meet 'em in the aisle of the Piggy Wiggly.. a snarl.. raised lip.. Damned hard to leggo. Diuretics, Beta Blockers may helps the blood pressure.. but me thinks the “can't leggo” is engrained fore'er.

A favorite tool, towel, bedspread, shirt, slacks, jeans, cologne type – no matter they went out of favor when Ike was in office, “by God I ain't changing.”. The setting on ur alarm clock.. The pattern with which you do things, be it home or away... the path you take daily by car... NO VARIANCE.. we're fearful of “leggo my leggo.” Comfort.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Remember when we did things right
And twas the same all through the night
Think of all that we've been through
Lettin' Go Is Hard To Do)))))))))))))))))))

Upset the apple cart. “To mess, or ruin something.” Death. Aging. Divorce. Change. Moving. Losing a pet. Job loss. Job change. Someone rearranging ur crap without autho. A new boss. 60 degrees one day, 24 the next.

As we age, we're seemingly more deeply imbedded in our own way... 'you do what you want... leave me the hell alone'... Change is harder. Walls of resistance stronger. Heels, dug in.

(((((((((((((((( They say that lettin' go up is hard to do
Now I know, I know that it's true
Don't say that this is the trend
Instead of lettin' go I wish that it were the same ole go again))))))))))))))

Of course we ain't letting of the greatest musical era ever... take your Ipod classics, Touch's, Nano's, Shuffle's, and leave me the hell alone. I ain't lettin' go of Jimmy... John, Paul, George, Ringo.. Mick, the Stones, Woodstock, Motown.. that. Scram. Not.. NOT letting go.

The hairstyle. The friends we keep, make. The favorite places we go to eat, shop, browse. The roads, path we take to get there. I could give a rats if these old, short, white Fruit of the Looms went outta style shortly after Vietnam, I love 'em and I ain't changing. (Well, I flip them every other day, but will ne'er leggo.)

(((((((((((((((((((((I beg of you, don't say goodbye
Can't we give our go's another try
Come on y'all, let's start a new
'Cause lettin' go is hard to do ))))))))))))))))))

Victor. Yes? Leggo of the keyboard. Oh.. K. Sorry. Love, Victurd.

No comments: