Sunday, February 27, 2011

Alley-min-yum... My week, and whyinthehell do you think anyone would care?

Eh, I dunno. Folks gotta right to click or not click. Put it in reverse, get the help outta here – or, read on, bootscoot any time they wanna.

Monday-Tuesday-ish:

Outside, cig at work one day last week, winged at a buddy: “Hey ________, how's your day going?” (_____ = to protect the innocent.) “Oh man, it's been a crappy day. I was driving to work and I smelled gas. It got REAL bad, so I pulled over. When someone stole my car last month, they jacked with the gas cap and it no longer stays attached, so I must've left it at the gas station. So, I turn around, go back, hoping the “Indian feller” found it and kept it for me. I pull in and he's ranting and raving at me. I'd forgotten to get some cigs after I bought 'em last week, and he'd remembered that, given them to me. So I couldn't figure out why he was so upset over a gas cap.... then.. 'MY PUMP, YEW DROVE OFF WID MY PUMP.. DE HOSE AND ALL.' Oh shit, I had. I'd forgotten to take it out once it stopped.”

Tuesday-Wednesday-ish

I received what just might be the most fun email I've ever received. (Women might wanna “put the browser in reverse” here):

(The PG13 version) “The Fairy Tale”.. Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess “will you marry me”? The Princess said NO And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and smooched on skinny big boobed broads and hunted and raced cars and went to nudey bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and wine and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frigging cool as hell and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up ..... The end

Victor? PLEASE tell me you DIDN”T forward that to your ex too did you? (GUILTY!)

Wednesday-Thursday-ish....

Left front, right rear, taking turns to see which could be the first to completely go flat. Many a morning, I limped to the gas station, Willie Makeit. ENOUGH. Go to Mr. Tire. Local owned joint, reputable, used 'em many a time. Left car. Fitteen dollars apiece to repair a tire. Reasonable. Drop it off. Back some two hours later. “Oh, he (the guy that worked on tires) needs to talk to ya.”... “Hi sir, well, your tires are ok, it's just that they're not sealing around those Aluminum wheels.. it's pretty common.. so I didn't fix anything... that one is already lost a buncha air.” Damnit-darnit. Whadda I owe ya? “Oh nothing.”

The Alley-min-yum comes from my British friend Pete Anderson. Slinging suitcases for United Airlines years ago, he says … 'ey Vic,'hand me that Alley-min-yum one wouldya?” HUH? So, the pronunciation in Britain I reckon.

The tires? I gave 'em my best 'checkenginelight' little dab of silicone sealer between the tire and wheel, so far, so good. (Knock on Alley-min-yum)..

Thursday evening-Friday morning....

Another round of snow/cold. 30 mph on Interstate going home Thursday.. Roads STILL terrible Friday am. Didn't see pavement for first 18 miles. Made it, fingernails a tad shorter. We're up to 32"s of snow for the year in the KC Metro area. March Madness reminds us "5 of the 10 heaviest snows have occured in March over the years." Damn daddy.

Saturday

Visitation (actually it was really “A celebration of life") for onea my best friends father, Bud. Basement of rental hall.. Very nice... Casual.. The 'theme' was “wear MU gear.” Bud was my little league coach for years and years.. Followed us old codgers into our softball playing days.. My fellow bowling teammate. My friend, as well as my friend's father.. A nice, nice man. Upbeat was the mood... Three humongous “Picture walls” of photos from his 77 years of life.. WONDERFUL pictures.. Little league pics.. Our bowling team.. and of course tons of family. Bud's wife walked up to me smilingly, and I lost it. Very hard to talk. Tears welled up. “I'm so sorry Mary” as I hugged her. I'd slipped and gone “against the grain/idea” of the celebration – and I felt badly.. I know though she knows how much I loved her hubby. While sure, extremely sad the reason we'd gathered - many, many a folk there that we shared 'living our youth, 20's, 30's, 40's".. I pray for the family in the weeks ahead as I know they will be the roughest.

Today... Sunday...

A little brown, not-so-very pretty bird.. tapping on my window with it's beak. As if to say “HEY YOU.. I flew North too damn early... lemme in?” Wondered what kind it was, then, a moment later a beautiful, vibrant red cardinal perched beside too. AHA. Since all the women 'left' at the Fairly Tale story, then I can share that the male species of the cardinal is the very beautiful, bright red plumage, colorful one – and the females are actually quite drab.

That's my week, and I'm sticking to it. Sorry (kinda) to ramble – it's just how I am. Love, Victurd.

No comments: