Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Of turds, connotations and rivalries…..

This message will self destruct in two minutes. I have asked the Facebook leaders to not allow ‘copy and paste’..

I have THE utmost respect for all things the University of Kansas. In fact, I recently learned the very first collegiate basketball game in the (Great) State of Missouri was played at my alma mater, William Jewell College. Jewell lost to KU, something like 12 to 3. Know who KU’s coach was? Yep, one James Naismith.

Glenn Cunningham, I mean let’s be for real.. a more inspirational story? Wilt the Stilt, in my own mind, THE BEST ever, the most dominating, the “comes along once in a lifetime” thingy…

Gale Sayers... the Kansas Comet.. Best ever? Mebbe....

Jim Ryan. I lived Jim Ryan. He ran “for us”, yes, yes he did. (In addition to the University of Kansas)…

And of course “The Program.” Storied. Hell, invented there. Year after year of Top Ten finishes, and yes, National Championships… First coaching clinic I ever attended, Lawrence, KS. Respected.

On toppa all that, I will forever be loyal to Missouri. The rivalry begs for that. The rivalry is wonderful.

Why? It ain’t life or death… Why? WHY THEN VICTOR, do you get behind the keyboard, you, YOU with your “no conference victories on the road” and bash ‘us’ when we hit the occasional and rare ‘pothole’? Cause it’s fun. Gets under your skin. Many, many, many a good friend, KU fans. A few KU fans, (please note I said a few, not most, or necessarily you) extremely, EXTREMELY arrogant. Sorry, they are. (That, oh, and a few beers led me there)..

Turds. An inside joke I picked up on – but… also mindful of the arrogant ones (not most, but a few, and not you) who think “It doesn’t stink.”.. So.. when skid marks happen, I gots to remind. It does stink.

But.. butt... unlike Roy, I'm staying forever...

Presently we sit in 5th place. Loyal. I is. I wouldn’t trade the record, the history, the gym, the names, the anything to be in your place.

HOORAY, HURRAH, MIZZOU, MIZZOU!
HOORAY, HURRAH, MIZZOU, MIZZOU!
HOORAY, HURRAH, AND A BULLY FOR OLD MIZZOU,
RAH! RAH! RAH! RAH!
MIZZOU-RAH! MIZZOU-RAH! MIZZOU-RAH, TIGERS!

Love, vicTURD

No comments: