Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spill the wine, dig that girl....

I was once out strolling one very hot summer's day
When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest
In a big field of tall grass
I laid there in the sun and felt it caressing my face
As I fell asleep and dreamed
I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
And that I was the star of the movie
This really blew my mind
The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping gnome
Should be the star of a Hollywood movie, hmmm

What makes the world go round? Is it basically the sun's gravitational pull which rotates the Earth and other planets around it right?

Of course not. It's the enthrallment of men by women, and vice-versa. Oh, aware there are exceptions to the 'rule' – but it ain't the topic today.

Why? Attraction tis my estimate. Of course, the physical – but so, so much more. We, the mated, spend so many damn years trying to figure out our partner... subconsciously (perhaps, perhaps not) we spend eons of time attempting change, molding, “more to our liking”.. Usually ain't gonna happen.

Then... we “finally understand we ain't really ever gonna understand” - and I think that's “when the wine ferments”... But, unlike wine – that's the precise time you don't have to put a cork in it. Never perfect – but smooth. Same direction, occasional getting of the path – only to soon return.

But there I was
I was taken to a place
The hall of the mountain kings
I stood high by the mountain tops
Naked to the world
In front of
Every kind of girl
There was long one's, tall ones, short ones, brown ones,
Black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones
Out of the middle, came a lady
She whispered in my ear
Something crazy
She said.........

Victor, ye of two failed marriages, whatinthehell makes YOU the expert on this – your grape barely made it off the bush....

Aha, so very true.. you are correct.. I had one very nice seven year “wine sampling”.. .and anudder one, also nice, for 20 years... dipped my toes in the water long enough to know – it was/is enjoyable.. it's much better with two in a queen sized bed than one..

Spill the wine, take that pearl
Spill the wine, take that pearl
Spill the wine, take that pearl
Spill the wine, take that pearl


I learned that the making up was a hunnerd times more wunderful than the frustration of the argument. I learned to value and appreciate another's opinion... oft times agreeing, acknowledging “I was wrong”, yet too, having it be ok to say “I have a different opinion on that one” - and that was ok.

I thought to myself, what could that mean
Am I going crazy, or is this just a dream
Now wait a minute
I know I'm lying in a field of grass somewhere
So it's all in my head
And then I heard her say one more time

Spill the wine dig that girl
Spill the wine dig that girl
Spill the wine dig that girl
Spill the wine dig that girl

I could feel hot flames of fire roaring at my back
As she disappeared, but soon she returned
In her hand was a bottle of wine
In the other a glass
She poured some of the wine from the bottle into the glass
And raised it to her lips
And just before she drank it, she said

Please don't tell... I, quite frankly, LOVE women. I grew up in a family of “fun pranksters” - so that's what I know. Who I am, what I do. That said – there's just something different with how you deal, treat, admire, enjoy – the opposite sex... and I can't speak for women – but I would think this would have to be the case for the as well.

take the wine dig that girl
spill the wine, dig that girl
spill the wine, dig that girl
spill the wine, dig that girl
take that girl, yeah!
It's on girl, all you gotta do is spill that wine
spill that wine, let me feel, let me feel hot, yeah! yeah!
spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine,
spill the wine, spill the wine, spill the wine,
dig that girl!

Ours (marriage uno, marriage dos) consisted of a lot of nice bottles of wine. In each one, a last bottle was emptied – and it was forgotten to replentish the wine cabinet. Insteada going back to our own wine field to replentish - paths were taken to other wineries.

I VERY much still “believe”... love wine, women... “the dream”... Spill the wine, dig that girl. Love, Victurd.

No comments: