Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Take a load off.....

I'm back, sorry kinda, not.

I often ask myself whyintheheck do I do this, "aren't you embarrassed to put yourself out there?".  No.. not really.

I liken it to gas.  If you have gas, you gotta let it out.  Imagine the belly if you didn't.  So, have thoughts, let 'em out.  A buddy once said "sometimes you type things we think, but don't say."  I've never known a sad, disgraced peacock - but had he not said that I woulda astalavista'd long ago.  (I also recently heard "I enjoy your blog, except when you're wrong!")

Writing somehow makes me calm.  Calm, (along with smile, happy, nice, equality, self-depreciation, humility, humanity, dog, cat, love, like) - is/are onea/somea my fav-o-write words. (I ain't sure grammatically how I shoulda done that last sentence, but that's the beauty of your own blog.  Who cares?)

Take a load off.  What makes you feel calm?..  Yes, of course, you're stuck listening to mine.  Well, you ain't really stuck.  You could Snagglepuss left.  "I'll be back" Arnold.  Maybe even Apprentice "You're fired." You could click that little X in the upper right hand corner and be gone - and I'd be cool with that.

I likes watching ducks on the water, and even Fred Flintstone riding down the road - in spite of knowing each of them are frantically moving their feet where we can't see.  "I am gonna portray calm, happy, grace, even if you can't see me toiling."

Of course, easy chair, feet up.  All things where we ain't gotta balance our own dang weight.  Laying down to sleep at night.  What better? Relive the day, but, whenya ain't running, hurrying, lifting, fretting, sweating - yada.  Excite for tomorrow. Ya sink into that mattress.  Ever have a water bed?  Oh baby, it's some dang number above any number bed.  Ya sink.  Ya take a load off.  It's warm in the winter, cool in the summer. And, ya float, so to speak.

Back porch.  Or, front porch.  Storm is pretty close to the opposite of calm, but yum, to take one in on the porch is pretty awesome.  Relaxing.  Nature.  The colors, the sounds, the temps (and dressing accordingly to make one calm).. If ya ain't never had a screened in porch, ya oughta.

Children.  I know the type exists that have absolutely no interest in being around kids until the age where "their brain is ripe."  Nomme.  I love love love watching little ones...try to put my feet in their teenie tiny shoes to try and think as they do.  They ain't been common core'd, dewey decimal'd, you'll shoot your eye'd out,..  Curiosity = calm.

Gettin' caught in the rain.  The abrupt change in emotion from "ho hum" to "oh crap" to "aahhhhhh" is downright heavenly...not to mention fun.  It's like clothing - what better than to get out of 'em?... Really... have you EVER seen anyone come in from an unexpected downpour that DIDN'T have a huge ole smile once they'd escaped?  Me neither.

"There are some things you learn  best in calm, and some in storm."  Willa Cather

Pets, and petting pets.  Also, watching the interaction of others with their pets.  Fierce loyalty. Calm.  Yum, but with an occasional poop scoop. Gump happens, scroll to 'ya gotta let it out.'

Familiarity.  Cars, streets, signs, neighborhoods, towns, kids, grandkids, siblings, parents, grandparents, schoolmates, neighbors, good friends - all things happy, all things calm.  Just the assuredness of reaching over in bed, feeling "yep, still there" affords calm. (Blogspot red-underlined 'assuredness', but that don't upset me cause I assure you, if it ain't a word, should be.)

The last bite.  That satiated feeling one gets after a good meal.  Yeah, maybe a tad bit of discomfort, but yes, calm.  You're where ya wanna be.   You're gonna suck up that moment.  Appreciate the calm, before you gotta get up, do the dishes, or pay the bill, get up and finish this wonderful 'taking a load off.'

Take a moment.  That calms me.  Taking a moment to pray, be thankful.  A moment to appreciate.  Your moment?  When i finish playing golf at my little par three course, first thing I do it sit in the shade overlooking the 18th hole, actually overlooking the entire course - and, reflect, take a moment.  Bodies don't work forever.  Old farts don't drive cars forever.  Injury, illness, infection happens.  When it ain't, ya gotta take a moment to be thankful for the calm.  The more I make myself sit, look out at the trees, the lakes, the blue sky, the wind blowing, God's creatures running around (yes, even the dadgum bugs) - the more I appreciate calm.. and God.

Oh there's tons more (for me anyways... the morning paper, that sound when the coffee ain't no longer percolating, Ray Charles, Louie Armstrong, Eric Clapton...Ellen.. a fan going, screened windows open, the top down on a car., A CANOE....dawn, dusk..) but then again, pain happens - and pain can happen in the form of "you've gone on and on about this, now is the time to astalavista."

And right you are.

I wish you calm.  There ain't much better.  Well, I guess I can think of a thing or two, but last time I reached over there tweren't no one there!

Don't really like Pina Coladas any more... not into yoga.. I hope I have halfa brain..  but I love, love love getting caught in the rain.

Love, peace and soul....   Have calm,

Victurd

No comments: