Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Dirty Laundry... Part 2

As in, hopefully the last chapter.

Victor?  Why are you doing this?

Cause I feel like an idiot.  I posted the following on FB yesterday:

"Dirty laundry. Last week, transmission out on Grand Prix, junked it. Bought used PT Cruiser, 4 days later engine computer out. This morning, video kaput on big screen TV. (Toshiba, no buy one.) Do you think one of those axe throwing places would give me chump change for the Cruiser and/or the TV? (Today's trip to Ameristar postponed!)"

Honest to goodness, the purpose was to hopefully gain a laugh, what with the searing popularity of the axe throwing joints popping up.

Just know, I'm like Lou, as in Gehrig.."Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the planet."

I am blessed, and please know I'm aware of that.

Aside from all the ":hang in there, hope things get better" postings, I had an offer for a free flatscreen.. and even two that said they would pray.  People.  Are.  Nice.

The rest of the story:

The 2008 Pontiac I junked?  I paid $3000 for it.  Was in a minor fender bender last year at a stoplight. Guy's foot slipped off the brake, hit the gas.  Insurance totaled it, gave me $106 more than I paid for the car, AND the title. I bought a trunk, a bumper guard and a taillight for $100 at junk yard, good as new.   I sold it for $400 when tranny was going out, so... ain't nuttin' wrong with that deal!

The PT Cruiser and it's computer going out?  In spite of mechanic's advice "get it fixed, sell it" I LOVE IT.  Even after purchasing new computer, the total is less than a grand of what I thought I'd pay.  As an aside, it's a convertible.  Years with grandkids are precious and few.  I know their excitement will one day wear off, BUT, they really dig riding in it.  And I dig that they dig it!

The TV?  I'd bought it on Black Friday for a piddly amount.  I bemoaned probable having to pay double, maybe triple to get a replacement.  Lo and behold Wally World now has their own damn brand and it was only $28 more (and it's an inch bigger!).. Oh, and yeah, I paid $23 for a 3 year warranty.  The damn things just don't last.

So see?  :Life is good, and sorry if it came across I was bitching, i really wasn't.  Life is good.

Further down in that Facebook posting was a post from a gal who basically said "And I thought I had it bad because last night when I opened the fridge, the light went out."

Mine too, and this is the only part that still bugs me!  $8 for a single light bulb that's said to last 9 years.  Hell, will I even live that long?

So, color me blessed, and sorry if it came across as bitchy.  I love life and all it offers.

Gotta go do laundry, it's dirty.

Love, Victurd

No comments: