Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hugs....

Near the top of the "life" chain is the hug. It's brief, long, awaited, exhilarating, comforting, empathetic, sympathetic, rewarding, reconnecting, lovely thing that speaks to I love/like you.

I've found (shut the front door Victor) that one can go a long time without "you know", but, one has to have a hug - with decent frequency. Hugs ain't gender specific, race specific.. they're perhaps not specific of anything other than, I like you, I love you, I'm thankful for you, I'm proud of you, I've missed you, this feels really good.

Hugs are a brief action that oft times relives many good years, memories.. catches up. Hugs from little ones come free with butterfly kisses... Hugs between admiring ones, often are adorned with deep kisses.

Guy friends can be reluctant to hug, so hugs between good male friends really break down perceived barriers, and speak to "man, you're a good dude, we've had some fun together."

It is said basic needs include sun, water, air, food, and a habitat with the right temperature. Not 100% would agree I'm aware, but hug should mebbe be on that list as well.

Two little arms from below reaching up, followed by perhaps the best kind of hugs of all.

A passionate, immersed hug - well...ok, maybe the one just above is a close second.

Nonverbal, yet speaking volumes. Light, polite... or strong, like "I ain't afraid to show my feelings for you, howthehell ya been, I have great memories of you, me, us." Hugs are a very simple thing - so much stronger, and with much less effort than any mediation.

Hugs celebrate. A touchdown. Home run. Marriage. Graduation. A job offering. A job well done. Retirement. A friendship. An absence. A courtship. A long bliss.

Stolen:

A hug is a handshake from the heart.

A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance.

You can't wrap love in a box, but you can wrap a person in a hug.

Just remember, you can't wrap your arms around a memory, so hug someone you love, today.

Love (and hugs), Victurd.

1 comment:

Lainieb317 said...

I felt this was appropriate to pass along...

"I love the kind of hugs where you can physically feel the sadness leaving your body"
You Are My O'~
facebook.com/YouAreMyOxy