Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Occupy this.......

I gotta friend... daughter was gonna go to High School Homecoming with a fine lad... but... this lad gotta B- on his report card, and that didn't cut it for his folks.. thus.. “You ain't going”....... Nose to the grindstone, occupy your books.

Holy crap Batman... had that been me, in high school... I never woulda went anywhere/anytime, and I woulda learned, by memory, every Johnny Carson monologue there ever was. I've always been, what I lovingly refer to as C... C+ smart. Ok, bite me, maybe C- upon occasion.

I haven't followed this Occupy crap... don't wanna follow this Occupy crap... I'm occupied with other things. Go ahead, color me C-, C, C+ smart, and.......I don't really give a rats that I don't keep up. Occupy your occupy all you want, nomme.

Occupied, to me.. is pulling in, hustling outta the car to the Phillips 66... damnit.. red “Occupied” sign is on the restroom door... Clerks are entertained for a few minutes whilst some fitty-nine year old geezer in backa the store does the pee pee dance... and wuah-lah, FINALLY “vacant.” Whew.

At the Twin Drive In in high school... u look over at the next car... don't see any heads, yet the windows are all steamed up = occupied.

Victor... don't wear us down with your marriage squabbles... sorry.. u made it this far, ur stuck. “I did everything” (she said)... Ok. But I taught PE, coached... came home exhausted, and there at the door at 6pm-ish with ball bat (or basketball, or football) in hand.. the little ones.. So, whilst dinner was cooked, whilst maybe yeah, the floor was vacuumed – I OCCUPIED the little (said lovingly) snotnoses.

Daily, nightly, in my spare time. I did this at every house we ever occupied. I was the in home PE teacher, coach, catch partner, checkers, Atari, Old Maid, tiddly winks, sledding, swimming, playmate.. buddy... 'supervisor'.. recreation coordinator, homework supervisor.. I occupied 'em...

Did this, yes, whilst occupying the job of teacher, coach... little league coach... referee/umpire for extra money... so we could have extra money to continue to occupy our house.

From the first jump shot, swing off the tee... fielded grounder.. two-hand chest pass, our goal (with me at snotnose recreation age group helm) was to occupy possession of first place in whatever league/age/sport it was. We rarely did (probably due to coaching/lack thereof) but we tried. Occupied our thoughts anyways.

I was thinking about Occupy on the way home.. and, I thought about how much it kinda bugged me how some are occupied, pre-occupied by the same darn thing(s) day, after day, after day. Blinders.

Repub/Dem.. Religion.. Money.. Reading..Music.. themselves.. power.. position..stature.. blinders... all with blinders on... then it dawned on me, I guess I am too. The same ole same ole things occupy my days, every day: refusing not to make (or try to make) whatever I'm doing: fun. Sports. Emailing. Sudoku. Writing. And, I've been known to occupy a barstool in my day, especially since that fateful departure (“I did everything” whilst I occupied the snotnoses) a few years back. So, I reprimanded myself for not seeing that I too, occupy, am preoccupied by the same things day in, day out: thus, I too wear blinders..

(I hadta stop and Google “then it dawned on me” cause I wasn't sure if it was 'dawned' or 'donned'.. and proper grammar kinda occupies me when writing.. and then the rebel comes out, and the GD (gosh darn) puter underlines words like puter, shoulda, woulda, kinda, howinthehell, sumpin.. and I rebel. Not THAT occupied, preoccupied with grammar. But, occupied on somea the gimmes. Underlining bastards. Quit.

Have. Use. Busy. Capture. Seize. Occupy. I did kinda stumble over something about this occupy movement having something to do with 99% and 1%. Quite certain, 99% of you who 'clicked' this goofy blog are gone by now. My thanks to the 1% that stayed on, occupied a few minutes here.

Speakin'a one out of mebbe a hunnerd.. one in one hunnerd voices REALLY get on my nerves. Dr. Laura was in that 1%. Did like her “go on, take on the day” (not the tone though).. Thus.. go on, occupy the day. Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

SoulTattoo said...

Hey Vic...I really miss reading your blog. Sometimes...well, a lot of the time I am so occupied with my own silly @$$ed $h!t, that I forgot how brilliant your rhetoric is! (((Hope I used that $20.00 word right))) Anyway, love how your mind works...miss you! ...Jana