Thursday, November 10, 2011

No streaming please..........

In absence of marriage, partner, mate.. I've found music to be a very compatible, invigorating, inspirational pardner.. Pardner spelled like that on Dizzy Dean purpose.

I'm old, as are the Rolling Stones, but.... within the last couple years, I've' discovered' music from the #2 best ever England group really, really moves me. So, I YouTube them, their songs. I crank them on the highway...and selfishly it's a very fun, fun thing.

I ain't sure there's a soul on the planet that doesn't enjoy, doesn't have some type of music in/on their brain every day. Music is therapeutic. It's a familiarity. It's a “my era”, “that era”, “this kind”, “that kind”, “our kind”,”me”, ie, an individualistic kinda thing.

I recently Googled “best saxophone songs” and was reasonably disappointed I didn't know many of them. Sooo... I You tubed “Into the Mystic” and stuck my nose up at the 'judges' of the top 10 'cipherers, and loved the hell out of the sax on this song. (And, remembered back to hearing it live, one year ago ih Seattle)..

Little kids. And music. Nuttin' better. Little kids ain't got no sense, feel, contact with YouTube, grooveshark, Pandora, music.aol.com,. Rhapsody, whatever. Lil' kids 'cipher on their own, bend the knees to the beat, smile, and gyrate with no instructions, and they feel, happily. A very happy, fun for all thing.

I'm embarrassed (not really) that I, at age 59, turn my radio full blast occasionally en route to/or from work.. if the right song comes across.... Examples you ask? Sure... today, lunchtime.. “Chain” Fleetwood Mac... “Another Brick in the Wall” Pink Floyd... “Werewolves of London” Warren.. “Lowrider” War... “War, what is it good for?” Edwin... and many more....

We all have those songs, our fav's, the music that lifts... There are SO many types.. so many 'fits' for just the right person/personality........ acoustic... alternative... ballads.. bluegrass... calipso... celtic... Christian.. Country... Disco.. Folk... Gospel... Hard rock... Jazz... Metal... Motown... and I'm only halfway thru the alphabet...

Bottomline, music is kinda-sorta universal. To each his/her own.

Recently, 4-5 barstools over, a group of 3 snotnoses (Sorry, my loving terminology for anyone who prolly still wears jeans size 32 waist or less...).. were discussing 'groups', as in music. Of course I'd never hearda any of 'em, but I found glee in the fact, music rocks for them as well.

It's such a great era, sans the scratches on 33's/45's... the 8 tracks where the GD (Gosh Darn) tape breaks off in the contraption... the cassette, where you gotta flip it from one side to the other to hear your two fav's.. music is instantaneous now... I want what I want, and I want it now. And we get it.

Moods. Music helps moods. Was thinking the other day, wouldn't it be cool, if we could CTRL/ALT/DELETE life's problems, and we can't. Realism sets in, grabs us by the collar and says “damnit Victor, do you realize how minimal your problems are to many?”... Thanks. I needed that, and I oft times forget.

Music helps.We're black, white, thin, large, fast, slow, smart, not-so-much, smiley, grumpy, nice, quiet, loud, married, single, divorced, separated, gay, old, young, middle-aged, very young, very old, fast-thinking-acting, take-it-all-in-making-'wise' decisions, saggers, gansta's, whatever... .. There's a variety of music for each of us. With music there is no exclusive round peg, square hole.

I'll be the very first to admit... divorcing 9 years ago... some down times. I am sooooooooooooo thankful for music. Music has turned many 'both sides of the mouth droop' to FOOT-TAPPING-SMILING-FEEEEEEEEEELING.. just say, I'm thankful.

Victor... two questions........ #1... are u kinda embarrassed that you write here so frequently? I probably should be, but I ain't. I get these feelings, urges, feels, and I type. Sorry.

What was the second question? You started this off with the heading “No streaming please”... whatsup with that?....

Well... today, for whatever reason, I was in the mood for Country music... not my norm, but my mood today.. so.. I Googled “Top 100 alltime Country Western songs”.. Youtube'd... and gleefully was listening to “I'm so lonesome I could cry”... “Crazy”... “Stand by your man”... “Ring of Fire”... “I will always love you”.. etc, etc...

Then, coworker, a great gal, rushed over.. “DIDN'T YOU GET THE EMAIL ABOUT 'NO STREAMING'? Hehe. I swear, I'm neither a smart-ass or a rebel.. but I replied (complete with shit-eatin' grin) “we're equals... you/me... so, I ain't gonna quit streaming... someone above me comes, says, 'Victor, cut that crap out' I will”...

FYI too, we just gotta email where our loving IT Department upgraded our internet to “50 times faster” so my take, to hell with them.. rock on... stream on.. = Tracy Chapman, “Give me one more reason” here I come.

Love, musically, Victurd.

No comments: