Friday, January 28, 2011

Ugh…

Forked over 3 quarters for today’s rendition of the Kansas City Star. Our little Midwestern mecca – occasionally a weird, weird place.

For starters.. Twenty-four year young man found dead on ground in Westport (popular young adult hangout area).. Appears he was leaving bar, late (or early, depending on how you look at 3am)… Hugging strangers.. Definitely tipsy… Bugged one fella.. “Gonna knock you out if you don’t leave”… Happened. Knocked him out with one punch – dead. Hitter walked off. Fortunately, thanks to $35,000 reward offered by parents, this person was found, and will go to trial.

Tummy upset yet? “Driver pleads guilty in fatal 152-MPH crash. This was in August of last year. He’d rear-ended a 22 year young gal that was set to graduate from college in December. I’m regretting spending my quarters.

“Baby’s Body Found in Truck Bed.” I didn’t even read the article.

60 year old Pizza Hut driver goes to door to deliver, met by 18 yr old female wearing a purple towel. That’s it. He’s suddenly pushed inside by purple-towel wearing’s 18 yr old boyfriend, hands duct-taped, all of $20 taken from him (and I suppose the pizza), thrown in the trunk of his own car.. dumped some thirty minutes later.

13 yr young girl paralyzed from waist down after sledding accident. Geez, how sad.

The read of the paper did end in some humor. (Sorry, I’m heap big MU fan).. “Ex-Ticket Director for the University of Kansas Athletic Department pleads guilty in her role of stealing, reselling over $2 MILLION dollars of tickets. Rock Chock Jayhawk$.

I’m old. People bemoaned the 60’s and the “Peace, love, not war.” The hair, the weird clothing, all that came with it. I’m beginning to think we’ve regressed in life. I’ve always lived “thirsty for news” and so, so enjoy the morning paper – but I’m thinking from here on out I may skip “The A section” and go directly to B.

Peace out. Make love, not war. Victurd.

No comments: