Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry...

Honk is a fun word. Can be. Of course we think of the car horn. We're generally more conservative in the process of a thought going to the brain, transcending down and out through the mouth. But (With apologies to Mrs. Sumpter who said “you can't start a sentence with 'but' “), but, in the millisecond it takes to see something whilst driving – the short distance between the horn and the hand make us 'bypass' this "should I/should I not" decision.

We're fast. Normally, honking is saying “YOU IDIOT!”.. I hasten to guess 7 outta 10 honkers are nerdy little folks who grew up in the world of, and at the mercy of, the bully. NUH UH... NOT NOW... I'VE GOT 4 WHEELS TOO! WE'RE EQUAL! I'VE HAD ALL CAN TAKES AND I CAN'T TAKES NO MORE!

Honking can lead to road rage, speeds 20 to 30 mph over the posted limit, tailgating, and, an occasional fistfight were the nerd is oft times brought back to reality.

Oh sure, we honk to 'warn' of danger.... we honk to say “hey” to a friend. Honking is somewhat based upon the town size. Why, back in my day... when Liberty (my hometown) was perty small... small enough, that whenever you did something that should get you in trouble – virtually every parent in town knew in a heartbeat. With less people, more friendly honking. With the population sparse, you honked/waved at about every third car.

Now. Town grown. You honk because you're pissed. Growth ain't necessarily sad, but sometimes results of are.

Tangent. Sorry (apologizing to me). I got off on a tangent. Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry. Geese are honkers. At work, on smoke break, I get in big trouble 'cause I relate to those around (whenever a flock goes by) "the honking, that's how you tell which ones are female."

Coming home today, the back route into this town I still love – mebbe 300 geese pasturing in the field next to the road. Allofa sudden, they scurried. Mebbe the head goose honked “it's time, let's go”... An amazing sight 300 geese taking off at the same time........ VERY close they were to the car...

Tangent. Sorry again Victor. It reminded me (and I know I've told this story before – but, remember “I'm old” - permissible) of being at Universal Studios in Florida.. Walked into this huge theater.. They passed out 3-D glasses. The movie: The Birds. Lil ole man infronta me, mebbe 80. Movie started, wasn't long before a kajillion birds were COMING RIGHT AT YOU... lil ole man ducks, in protection he throws up his hands, swats with his left, right, left, right... I was rolling!

Back to road today, 300 geese in flight. I'll be damned if they didn't turn and follow the road in the same direction I was... I giggled, remembered the ole man, then thought “oh no, please not my windshield”.. Yep, you guessed it, a big ole SPLAT!..

Giggled again. Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to have the ability to fly and poop on whomever/wherever you wanted? Two examples popped RIGHT into my head. There's a coworker (and I like this person!) who keeps (his/her.. haha... you gotta guess!) car IMMACULATE. Even the tires... Yep, I'd fly right over that puppy and grunt. I guess you could say that would be being anal about anal.

The second... my two cousins and I were in the Five and Dime when when we were probably 7 to 10-ish. Old lady clerk in there swore she saw one of us steal – of all things, a needle to put air into our football. We hadn't done so, but she lined all three of us up, and one by one she reached into our pockets and searched for the needle. Would never happen today, but did that day. If I were "with flight", the ability to poop on whomever I wanted – I woulda followed this lady home and grunted as she made the dash from her car to her house.

Honk is fun. Honk if you love Jesus. Honk if you love beer. Honk of you love hooters. (Looka the honkers on her!).. Beep beep my ass. Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry. Love, VicWouldntItBeWonderfulToFlyAndTurd.

No comments: