Friday, October 15, 2010

Should…

Must… ought… You should not do that…. I should think you would apologize.

Poopy oopy patoopy. What, you think I’m blind? There are some things I KNOW I should do – obvious, so me thinks ya ain’t gotta point ‘em out.

Mad? No, absolutely not. I just think some people should…. er… butt out, get offa my back, leave me alone, worry about YOUR OWN world. Quoting Mick “I said, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud, Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd”)

Honest, it’s Friday, I’m happy, I’m going out with former coworkers… KU got spanked (sorry… kinda).. MU’s undefeated… Chiefs are 3-1… Then Victor, why are you bitching?

Well… as I freeze my ass off on my daily 35 mile commute (ain’t got the heater blower motor fixed yet… will… soon… checkenginelight.. should anyways) I think “whatinthehell SHOULD I write about?”… Was asking the same question to myself today, passing the same damn exits I always pass.. swerving around the same GD (gosh darn) cars that morning after morning drive 55 MPH in the middle lane’a the 65 MPH highway. (They should get over.) What SHOULD I write about? THAT’S IT! “SHOULD”… Victor, you SHOULD.

Advice. Unwarranted. That’s the kinda should I’m talkin’ about. Close your ears… please. I knows there are partsa my life that are screwed up.. Everyone has them skeletons in their closet. Me, mebbe s’more than others. Bite me, leave mine alone. Do you see strings attached? ie, I ain’t no puppet!

“Victor, you really SHOULD………” EEEEEEOWWWWWW, FINGERNAILS ON THE CHALKBOARD!.... Get the help outta here.. Go talk to the mirror.. Down boy, down girl, get offa that pedestal! You know what happened to the last perfect person don’tya? (Sorry.. kinda)…

Actually, I’m laughing. Honest. I should. Oops. A couplea my fav’s here at work, so happen to be female. (NO Victor, not you?) Haha, yes, me. Anyways, upon occasion, they might come across me wobbling a bit, and it always follows “Victor, you should…..” STOP IT MARILYN! (sorry… kinda… that is ex’s name.. and honest.. when I spout that out, it makes ‘em think.. “is he saying I’m acting like a nagging wife?”.. MEBBE. KINDA-SORTA. HELL YES YOU ARE! (You should see yourself in the mirror, hehe.)

I’m sorry, I much prefer leftfield and thinking for myself. Yes, my teeth are yellowed from kajillions of cigs, a few pair’a jeans in need of darning, several shirts, shorts, shoes, slung about in the backseat’a the car.. “Victor, your really should….” BITE ME, I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW. I am Victor, NOT YOU.

Victor, you really should answer your phone at work like “Transpo Services, this is Vic., may I help you?”.. BUT.. I so enjoy our caller ID.. I much prefer “Pizza Hut, would this be dine in or carry out?”. or… when seeing vendor’s number.. “Southwest Port Services, this is Naomi, may I help you?”.. giggle… “No, this is Gary w/SW, how are ya Vic.” I know I shouldn’t, but I’m sorry, I like having work at fun.

I should……….. go straight home after work. Exercise more. Attend church services weekly. Tidy up the damn home s’more. (or any.).. LOT I should do – so – if you remind me, it has the OPPOSITE AFFECT, of is that effect, damn I get them two mixed up.. I should look ‘em up. Oops.

Honest though, whenever someone does wing that “Victor, you should…….” at me, I’m inwardly appreciative. Means they care. Means they’re, in good faith, trying to help. Still.. bite me, leave me alone, practice what you’re about to preach, A to B conversation, C your way out.. get the hell out… scram… ixnay.. seeya later, scadoodle, don’t let the door hitya in the ass………… marilyn. Hehe.

Should should… (can you start a sentence using should twice in a row?).. Should should be something that comes from yourself, internally. (Apparently the brains behind Microsoft Word think you CAN’T use should twicein a row in a sentence, ‘cause the basta’s underlined the second one in RED… as if to say (albeit silently) “shouldn’t do that.” SCREW SPELLCHECK TOO! I can write “howareya” if I wanna, cause THAT’S how people say it! Stick THAT up your Funk and Wagnall!

That’s it. I’ve had my say. I love, honest, those that espouse with the “Victor, you should….”.. I just don’t/won’t listen to ‘em. Eww. Huh uh. Fingers in ears. I’ll wing a rubber band at ‘em over the cubicle wall soon, that’ll teach ‘em. Good intentions. I don’t givea crap. It’s me, albeit imperfect me.

I said, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud
Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd
On my cloud, baby….

I should go now. Go take on the day. (Bite me Dr. Laura, I hear you have hella big skeletons in your closet anyways.) Love, Victurd.

No comments: