Saturday, October 09, 2010

Only the lonely….

Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah
Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah
Oh oh oh, oh oh ah
Only the lonely, only the lonely

Computer teach me “There is a great difference between being lonely and being alone.” Reckon that’s true. Also say “Contrary to many beliefs, the elderly are not the most lonely among us. It is young people who are most lonely.” K, but this ole house is hella quiet.

Only the lonely
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Know the way I feel tonight
(Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah)
Only the lonely
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Know this feeling ain?t right
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)

Wonder who/how one becomes expert on lonely, ‘nuff to give online advice. Basta prolly married, house chock fulla rugrats. Continues, when lonely: write letters (eh, I do, emails.)…read (not a book person).. paint (ahm, next please).. sew (you have GOT to be kidding me)..

care for a pet (aha, now this I like… son, awhilst back, “Dad, meet our new cat Bandit.” Bandit has Zorro like markings, kinda cool. Three months later. “Dad, getting an apartment. Oh, and they don’t allow pets.” Ever since whatshername backed over onea our cats, any cats here have been exclusively indoor cats. Bandit ain’t fixed. So he be outdoor cat. Ie, hella more successful in the game than his master. Goes, 20, 30, FORTY days at a time. “Ah, he ain’t coming back this time, prolly met his maker with a raccoon, bobcat or something.” And then, he’s crying to get in. Remembers, after 40+ days, where bowl, litter box, my lap, favorite sunning spot is. Interesting little cat.)

There goes my baby, there goes my heart
They?re gone forever, so far apart
But only the lonely know why I cry
Only the lonely

Roy, I disagree. Whilst tweren’t my idea for either of two former to bootscoot, I don’t bemoan their absence, nor beg they return. Sun, wrinkles, calendars have taught me so.

Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah
Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah
Oh oh oh, oh oh ah
Only the lonely, only the lonely

Nuther Googled site suggests… Be happy (am that)… Do everything you would normally do with a partner or friend. (ahm, ok.. HA!).. “Learn something new. Learning is the most important aspect of living alone. It helps to keep the boogeyman away, and also gives you something to talk about when you do have to actually enter society.” Mebbe, but right now I think I’ll attack a Sudoku evil puzzle.

Get a pet. Scroll to above. Read. Scroll to above. Join an online community. Did. Exercise. Damnit. Listen to lots of music. Do. In fact, thanks to no air conditioning, I very much crank up the radio in my hot 1997 Buick LaSabre and allow others to hear old people tunes from the past. Music reverberates thru/to the soul. Good idea online lonely expert. Go outside. Another I’ve kinda avoided, and I “grew up” outdoors. Ok, will try sir (or ma’am).

Only the lonely
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Know the heartaches I?ve been through
(Ooh yay, yay, yay, yeah)
Only the lonely
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)
Know I cry and cry for you
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)

All in all, alone ain’t bad. I can remember, when in relationship, family setting – how I still cherished alone time. Victor, you speaky with forked tongue, fess up brother.. you’re so GD (gosh darn) horny, and you can’t wait until that day you see her walk from the bed to the bathroom after ((STOP! I have family here!.. you can’t read my mind! Whothehell are you?!!!))

Maybe tomorrow, a new romance
No more sorrow but that?s the chance
You?ve got to take, if your lonely heart breaks
Only the lonely
(Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah)

Yet third online alone expert espouses “There’s a big difference between wanting somebody to be part of my world and not being able to function without that person.” Oh, I likes that one. Alone ain’t ideal, but, it’s like poker. You play the hand you’re dealt. I likes poker. I likes life. Sometimes I fold, sometimes I rake ‘em in. Smoke cigs, have a beer. Share (repeated) ‘war stories’. Laugh, look, people watch, ‘converse’ inwardly, mind going a mile a minute.

Sure, I’d love to walk into the Ford dealer and say “yep, gimme that fancy, new, blue, souped up 2010 Mustang over there sir.” Reality. What is. Checkenginelight. 1997 Buick LaSabre. Me/music cranked. Dum dum dum, dummy doo wah.

Only the lonely. Love, Victurd. (Victurd, I love you too!)

No comments: