Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ahhhhhh! Show me a man that's got a good woman
Show me
Show me a man out there that's got a good woman
Show me (huh huh)
Show me a man that's got a good woman
Show me a man that's got a good woman
Show me a man that's got a good woman
Show me a man that's got a good woman

We hail from the great State of Missouri. The Show Me State. Got it on our license plates. On our tongues in conversations when doubt arises. Two theories on how this originated. First, origin is popularly ascribed to an 1899 speech by Congressman Willard Vandiver who declared that "I come from a country that raises corn and cotton, cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I'm from Missouri, and you have got to show me."

Second, According to another legend, the phrase was a reference to Missouri miners brought to Leadville, Colorado to take the place of striking miners and being unfamiliar with the mining methods there required frequent instruction.

Show me a man that's got a good woman
I'll show you a man that goes to work hummin'
He knows he's got some sweet love coming
at the end of his working day.

*Yeah*

“Show Me” differs in approach from a man’s eyes/shoes, and the female version – in the dating/mating world. We men are percieved as simpletons (And perhaps a grain of truth). Show me what’s under that outfit. I’ll show you mine if you show me yours. That’s it, plain and simple. Oink. Women, “Show Me” what’s inside that heart, soul. Tell me of your dreams, aspirations, convictions, beliefs. Us male piggos would prefer the path to be “aww come on baby, let’s just walk down the hallway to your bedroom”, but cower, and take this “Interstate” across the Country to get there instead. Erica Jong nails us pigs with her statement “Show me a woman who doesn’t feel guilty and I’ll show you a man.” Jewel’s take “Show me a man who knows his own heart and to him I shall belong.”

Show me a woman that's got a good man
Show me!
I wanna see a woman out there that claims she got a good man!
Show me!
And if you show me a woman that's got a good man
Show me a woman that's got a good man
Show me a woman that's got a good man
Show me a woman that's got a good man

New concept, idea. Work rule, path. Disbelief. Show me. Show me the money. Show me a genuine case of platonic friendship, and I’ll show you two old or homely faces. (I guess I could fit that description, doesn’t bug me.) “Show me a great actor and I'll show you a lousy husband. Show me a great actress, and you've seen the devil.”  W. C. Fields… Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you… Show me the books he loves and I shall know the man far better than through mortal friends. (Brb, got some house tidying up to do!)

Show me a woman that's got a good man
I'll show you a woman doin' all she can
To make life worth living for her good man
So his troubles don't cross his mind.

*Yeah*

Victor, this is getting boring. SHOW ME what you’re getting to?!!

Show me two people that's in love with each other
Y'all, show me.
I want you to show me two people that's in love with each other
Show me.
Ah ya show me two people that's in love with each other
Show me two people in love with each other
Show me two people in love with each other
Show me two people in love with each other

Yesterday, ESPN honored College Game Day, Columbia, MO. The University of Missouri. New record for number of folks to show up. Cool, you show’ed me. Yes, but this is Oklahoma. The same Oklahoma that’s defeated us 19 of the last 20 games. Gary Pinkel, MU Tigers, MIZ ZOU, you showed me.

Show me two people that's in love with each other
I'll show you two people that ain't going no further
than their arms can reach to hold one another
Let them lovers alone, yeah
they doin' all right

McNeese State, showed me. San Diego State, ‘Moe showing me. Miami of Ohio, Colorado, Texas A & M, BOOMER – SOONER! YES!... 7-0 Showin Me.

Pretty please Gary P, Blaine G, A & J Smith, Mr’s Barnes, Ebner, Moe, Jackson, Ressel, and the remainder, please Show Me. Nebraska, Texas Tech, K-State, Iowa State, KU (Patooey), Big 12 Championship game…

January 10, 2011. BCS National Championship Game, Glendale, AZ.

Halfway home. Please oh please, whilst we’re all still on this planet – Show Me.
MIZ-ZOU. Love, Victurd.

No comments: