Wednesday, April 20, 2022

I am stuck on Band-aid...

It's me, doing a little research. Usually, when I start this junk, I have a pretty good main idea on stuff I'm gonna write here.  Today, I really don't.

I'm gonna Google, Wiki, some of my favs, and, you my friend(s), can carry on here, or, do other stuff.  Won't get mad, a promise.  Take a nice walk (while ya can.) I can't (long, short story), but I'd loveta.  Go grab breakfast, yum, my fav.  Find someone you love and just say "Ya know what?  I love you."  Phone a friend.  If you're a fuddy dud like me, and you've reached this old age, and there are things you DON'T know general stuff about (like me, and say, WWI).. Google, Wiki.  Heck, we ain't too old to learn.

Or, carry on.

Sir Michael Philip Jagger was born in 1943. His father was a former gymnast turned Physical Education teacher - and his claim to fame was helping to popularize basketball in Britain.  Mom did hair, but, looks like Mick rarely got his cut!  I didn't know until today, that Mick and Keith Richards, at age 7, were classmates at Wentworth Primary School.  I love 'em both.  Over the years, they've had so many breakups and backtogethers, they maybe shoulda been known as The Bouncing Stones.

Mick's family moved, he/Keith lost track of each other, reunited by chance on platform two of the Dartford Railway Station in 1960.  The next year they moved into a flat together in Chelsea, London. Of course music was at the forefront, but Mick continued with college, to study finance and accounting, with a goal to become a journalist of politician.  Break up, get together, break up, get together, etc...

In the meantime, much Sympathy, Red Doors needing painted, Wild Horses, Jumpin' Jack Flash, they discovered You Can't Always Get What You Want, and split again.

Their last 'get together again' happened in 1988 in Barbados. Keith would put it "We just started in. And within two days, we realized we had five or six songs happening. I did have to take Mick to a few discos -- which are not my favorite places in the world -- because Mick likes to go out and dance at night. So I did that. That was my sacrifice. I humored him. And that's when I knew we could work together."

I've never seen The Stones. The last time they came to KC I really wanted to go.. Gal I was with had seen them, said "Nah...."  wish I woulda.  I have a buddy, I know, hard to believe.. anyways, he's a music reviewer, was for The Star for many a year - anyways, one day I asked him "I'm sure people ask you all the time 'Who are the biggest jerks?', I'm curious, who are the nicest artists? Without taking any time to think, he said "David Bowie and Mick Jagger." He said Mick was extremely nice, punctual, "yes sir", etc.. all nifty. I love too, the fact when they were here, they toured The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.  Victor asked me to tell you that I was another of his favs. I was born in 1938 in Slab Fork, West Virginia. My dad was a miner, my mom a maid. They divorced when I was three, I went to live with my mother's family, my father passed when I was 13. I enlisted in the Navy when I was 17... spent 9 years.. moved to LA to hopefully start a music career. Along the way I had real jobs just like you..  Douglas Aircraft, IBM and Ford.

1971 was a good year for me. I signed with Sussex Records, produced an album entitled Just As I Am (you mighta seen it, I was on the front cover, pic taken at my job at Weber Aircraft, me and my lunchbox.)  I was lucky enough to have Stephen Stills play lead guitar on... and, on that album were "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Grandma's Hands" (scroll to me being raised by my momma's family!)... 

Some NY Times feller put it pretty succinctly about Bill Withers "a soulful singer with a gift for writing understated classics", adding, "the ultimate homespun hitmaker, he had an innate sense of what might make a song memorable, and little interest in excess attitude or accoutrements. Ultimately Withers reminded us that it’s the everyday that is the most meaningful: work, family, love, loss."  I love me some Bill Withers and his music.  Lean On Me perhaps adds it all up about him, his beliefs, actions in life.  He is missed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farrokh Bulsara probably doesn't ring a bell, but Freddie Mercury might. He was born in Zanzibar in 1946. He attended English-style boarding schools in India from age 8, until he returned to Zanzibar after secondary school. In 1964, his family fled the Zanzibar Revolution and ended up in Middlesex, England.

Someone Wiki'ed Freddy with "Regarded as one of the greatest singers in the history of rock music, he was known for his flamboyant stage persona and four-octave vocal range. Mercury defied the conventions of a rock frontman with his theatrical style, influencing the artistic direction of Queen."

We all have different likes, tastes, in anything in life, and music is no different.  I'm a lover of people who do music like no other, and I believe this fits him/Queen with Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody to Love, We Are The Champions and Crazy Little Thing Called Love.  I've not seen the movie, not really sure i wanna.. Wanna remember him in music and video. Another, gone way too soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby snippets of other favs....... Neil Young's dad was a sportswriter who also wrote fiction. His mom was a member of The Daughters of American Revolution. Born in Toronto, Canada, Neil developed polio at age 6, partially paralyzing him on his left side.  Upon completion of his hospitalization, the family would Winter in Florida, hoping the warmer weather would help him.  His folks divorced when he was 12, he moved to Winnepig to live with his mother.

Buffalo Springfield, Crazy Horse, to where in 1969 he would become the fourth name of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. My greatest love for Neil Young came from his fourth solo album, Harvest. I literally wore that album out.  I've always been a simpleton, but, I remember playing it, moving the needle back, and playing it again.... and again... and again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A longtime person of ADD, I guess in later years they added an H (ADHD), I dunno, I wasn't paying attention.  I don't have the attention span to a go over all of Fleetwood Mac's formation, transition, name dispute, additions, departures, reformations, reunions, unleashed, returns... I just know, they're damn good.  UNIQUE.  A sound like no other (at least to me.)  Certainly doesn't hurt to have a couple of beautiful ladies with beautiful voices.

I fell in love with Oh Well... both parts. It so uniquely pinpoints life.  It is what it is kinda. There are 18 different names that have been in and out and maybe back in and out again in this Band. I'm huge on acoustical guitar, and again, just a real unique sound.

Thank you if you stayed.  That's it.  If you took a walk, went to breakfast instead, all good.

Oh well.  Lean on me.  Grandma's hands. Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the Fandango! Paint that damn red door black.  Old man. Ain't no sunshine.

Thunderbolts and lightning, very, very frightening me
Galileo, Galileo
Galileo, Galileo
Galileo, Figaro - magnificoo

You can't always get what you want here, but if you could, what music would you listen too if someone said "What song, or group would you play to put you in a happy mood?

Play........ and have........a.........Happy day........

Love, Victurd

No comments: