Monday, November 01, 2021

Ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Please keep this a secret from CNN and FOX...thanks

 Breaking News:   Victurd is a THIEF!

Bare with me though, and no, I don't mean I'm taking my clothes off (I haven't figured out how to switch this to Landscape, but if I do, I promise I still won't take my clothes off.  There's enough as is in life to lead to indigestion!)

I've stolen everything below.  Everything.

This morning I Googled "Examples of being nice."  I was led to 50 some sites that give examples of things for us to do to be nice.  All well and good, but NO, I wanted REAL LIFE examples of things people have done to be nice.  It took too damn long to finally figure out how to exactly Google that, and it shouldn't have.. I mean, isn't that (examples for us on being nice) something that - in today's day and age should be cinchy to find? Sorry, slipped, intent is to try to be nice here.

Reader's Digest told me:

"When my husband died unexpectedly, a coworker took me under her wing. Every week for an entire year, she would send me a card saying “Just Thinking of You” or “Hang in There.” She saved my life."—Jerilynn Collette, Burnsville, Minnesota

And..

"When the supermarket clerk tallied up my groceries, I was $12 over what I had on me. I began to remove items from the bags, when another shopper handed me a $20 bill. “Please don’t put yourself out,” I told him. “Let me tell you a story,” he said. “My mother is in the hospital with cancer. I visit her every day and bring her flowers. I went this morning, and she got mad at me for spending my money on more flowers. She demanded that I do something else with that money. So, here, please accept this. It is my mother’s flowers.” — Leslie Wagner, Peel, Arkansas

Found here and there:

There is a town in frigid South Dakota where residents put stocking caps on all the statues in town with the known purpose that the homeless can help themselves to a hat.

At the end of a year in college, I had just enough money for gas to get me back home for the summer.  The air conditioner in my car wasn’t working and since it was the end of May and I had a long trip home, I asked a mechanic to check it out.  He couldn’t fix the air conditioner in time, but when he brought the car back to me, he had filled the car with gas and left $7 stuck on the steering column.  

A life changing book. I was 19 with a newborn starting my first professional job at a university. One of the benefits of working for the university was a free class a semester, but I was too poor to buy a book for class.  A professor asked me what class I was taking and I had to tell him why I wasn't. He told me to pick a class, he'd buy the book under the premise that one day if I had a chance to do the same. Now I have two bachelor degrees and a master degree because of that book. I had the opportunity to buy the books for a gal that worked for me and was going to school to do the same!

Aaron Collins passed away just three weeks after his 30th birthday, but he left a legacy that has touched thousands of people. One of his final wishes was to give a waiter or waitress a $500 tip. When his brother Seth fulfilled his wish, giving a waitress a $500 tip at Puccini's, in Lexington, Kentucky, he recorded a video and put it on YouTube. Within days, the video was viewed over one million times, and thirty thousand dollars had been donated to continue the cause, now known as "Aaron's Last Wish." (CONTINUED)

In the video, Collins gave the waitress, Sarah Ward, the $500 tip, explaining that his brother had just passed away and that giving a $500 tip was his final wish. Ward told him, "I'm going to be telling this story for the rest of my life." Over a hundred waitresses have now received $500 tips, all of which are chronicled on the Aaron's Wish website. At first, Collins was only visiting restaurants in Lexington, but he has since given a $500 tip in every state in the U.S. He told NPR, "People have been programmed to think that good things can't happen...and it makes me happy to, at least for a few of them, show that [they] can (and on Aaron's behalf)."

Caitlin Boyle was feeling negative about herself while in a public bathroom when she decided to find a new way to tackle her self-hatred. She began sticking anonymous positive messages written on post-it notes in public places, writing phrases such as ‘you are beautiful’ and ‘you can do it’. Thousands of notes have been posted all over the world, and the project which is now called Operation Beautiful inspires humans to feel better about themselves and pass the message on to others. (Editor's note, I certainly understand the "you are beautiful" idea, but, leaving a note "you can do it" on the bathroom wall, well, sometimes it can take a bit, but, I've never had trouble in that department!)

So see... I guess it's pretty simple for us to simply be kind.  So, be kind to everyone except Republicans.

I'M KIDDING!  There is a buddy on Facebook, we go way back to Little League days, but, I've gotten in to one or seven Left/Right verbalization's with him on Facebook... well, one day I walked into get a haircut, hadn't seen him in awhile, lady was just finishing up his haircut...  we smiled, greeted each other, shook hands... we said goodbyes when he walked out..   Lady finished my hair, I went to pay.. yep, he'd picked up the tab.  I ain't bought no haircuts but I did start doing the "car behind me" thing at fast food joints. It's the bomb, especially if they don't see you and they have no idea who did it.

Be kind, or go to jail.  Go directly to jail, do not pass Go and do not collect $200.... unless, you're going to put it to good, kind use.

By Henry Haveaheart Gibson,

Love, Victurd



No comments: