Monday, November 22, 2021

Oh how I wish that it would(n't) rain..........

'Hello Muddah, hello Faddah
Here I am at Camp Grenada
Camp is very entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining
'The leaves.  Disgusts me all the folks that 'ooh and ahh' because, come Thanksgiving, they're all on the damn ground and I'll throw my dadgum back out (again) raking them.  If that ain't bad enough, then we know 'round the corner comes cold, ice, sleet, s'more cold, astronomical heating bills, yada, yada, complain complain is my name.
I went hiking with Joe Spivey
He developed poison ivy
You remember Leonard Skinner
He got Ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner
The price of gas? Geez Louise!  And, I had to refinance my home just so I could buy a sheet of plywood so we could play that axe game in the basement.  You can't buy new vehicles.  "Christmas" is off the Coast of Long Beach in a kajillion containers. Price$ at the Piggly Wiggly? I've gone from filet mignon, to t-bone, to chuck eye steaks to 92/8 hamburger to 85/15 to 75/25 to pork chops to chicken quarters to beef franks to hot dogs that I ain't real sure whatintheheck is in'm.
All the counsellors hate the waiters
And the lake has alligators
And the head coach wants no sissies
So he reads to us from something called Ulysses
CNN said.. yes, but Fox said.. then again, MSNBC talked about.. and The NY Times wrote about... then again, the NY Post said.. The WSJ added... and then the Washington Post said...
Now I don't want this should scare ya
But my bunkmate has Malaria
You remember Jeffery Hardy
They're about to organize a searching party
My golf game sucks.  I dress in the shower at the gym and hide in the corner when I workout.  I'm letting the dirt buildup on my mirrors at home so I ain't gotta looks...at this age, to bend over, there must be TWO things on the floor and I gotta slide kick one over to the other before I do bend over.
Take me home, oh Muddah, Faddah
Take me home, I hate Grenada
Don't leave me out in the forest where
I might get eaten by a bear
I called my usually jovial dog and he just looked at me?... Same with my cat, I mean, I know he never comes, but, he's in the house somewhere and I ain't seen him for two days?
Take me home, I promise I will
Not make noise, or mess the house with
Other boys, oh please don't make me stay
I've been here one whole day
I saw an old Saturday Night Live show the other day.. the Whiners were on it.  Can you believe there are people like that?
Dearest Fadduh, darling Muddah
How's my precious little bruddah
Let me come home if you miss me
I would even let Aunt Bertha hug and kiss me
I swear, if ______ says one thing at Thanksgiving dinner about (Trump/Biden/Walls/the price of gas/that hearing/Global Warming/this/that/the other).. it's HAYMAKER TIME!
Wait a minute, it's stopped hailing
Guys are swimming, guys are sailing
Playing baseball, gee that's bettah
Muddah, Faddah kindly disregard this letter

Hey, there's a Robin!  The buds are on the trees! BRB, going to get my shorts and short sleeves outta those cardboard boxes!  Have you seen my swim trunks?

Gas went down!  HyVee had those bacon wrapped sirloins (YUM!) on sale today!  Sutherlands is having a LUMBER SALE!  The lot at the Ford Plant is FULL!  I strolled thru the toy aisle at WallyWorld today, it's packed!

Wow, I watched an old Walter Cronkite newscast on ME-TV last night.. then they had The Blues Brothers singing on SNL!

______ gave me the biggest hug after Thanksgiving dinner!  He/she is the bomb!

I had three, count 'em, three pars in a row today!  That one guy at the gym told me it looked like i'd dropped a few pounds...my knees didn't hurt at all after getting up from fainting! And I got a bullseye with ma dang axe!

Quick, grab a camera! (And tune my phone to FB).. BOTH the dog and the cat are snoozing on my lap!

We get knocked down, but we get up again.. Life is like a box of chocolates but some are caramel filled.  Good follows bad.. Be a fountain not a drain..  

Sometimes it rains.. a lot.. Only makes the grass greener, the float trips more funner, all the produce more happier, plentiful and tasty.

Victor, you never mentioned the 3-4 Chiefs, Mahome's interceptions, too many dadgum commercials, all the dropped balls.. receivers getting behind our safeties for easy scores.  Yep, but ain't the last four games been great?!!!

Muddah and Fadduh told me there'd be days like this. Life is human hear us roar.

Thank the Lord for the night time.  And the day time.  And bad moods that go away.  For Winter, Spring Summer and Fall.  Leaves so pretty, even though they fall.

And, camps for kids.  Fancy for, mom and dad got the house to themselves.  Well, let's chase each other round the room tonight.. and play the games we played on our wedding night.  To lock and bolt the door is only right..  Don't worry sonny, stay at camp.. the sun'll come out soon!

By Henry Gibson..    forward by Allen Sherman

Love, Victurd

No comments: