Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Nascar

If you came here hoping to get inside skinny, predicted driver to win this week, huh uh, wrong place.

This blog is about a 9 lb Miniature Schnauzer named Nascar. Cutest little shit you ever did see.

Nascar belongs to a lady I was dating.  Exactly 6 years ago today, she returned from a 20 day trip, literally around the world (NY, Germany, Italy, Croatia, India, Tokyo, and I'm sure I missed a spot or two.)  As she jetted, I was allowed to share her abode with my buddy Nascar. ..   Well, this came up on my memory today:

"What I've learned in my 20 day 'rescue' of a 9 pound Schnauzer: 9 lbs can pull 215 lbs, even uphill. There is no truth to the 'strict diet' rumor they will die/regurgitate/have bowel problems if given a potato chip, graham cracker, Cheese-it. In spite of being 'shorter than a ruler, they know how to occupy 2/3rds of a queen size bed. If you awaken at 5:20am, chain them up outside to pee/poop before you leave for work, seven neighbors will be awakened by 5:24am by their barking. They like to chew, a lot. (Witness a 'missing' 2 by 3 inch section of the (formally) beautiful 10' by 12 living room throw rug.) Fortunately, they exhibit that 'look' (like their master) that says "but, you love me anyways, right?". ….

I forgot that he also tore up a bra, and 137 pages of a 296 page paperback.

Anyways, when we (she/me) were together, I used to tease "If we ever break up, I want visitation rights with Nascar", half jokingly, but probably half serious too.

Well, breakup happened.. and for a spell, I would come get him, take him on a walk, go to the dog park, yada. But, was pretty obvious, as much as I knew I would miss the little turd, it was time to move on.

Fast forward to yesterday. It'd been a few years. Yesterday I drove by their house (yes, in hopes of seeing Nascar out and about!) and, she was gardening. Pulled in. Got out. We tracked down Nascar - and while it's been a few years, he ran up to me, I got on the ground and he smothered me with greetings. Ain't had that gooda feel in some time! He remembered me. I loved it, loved/love him.

That's all folks. Today's episode of "Victor, who gives a rats?".. I thought fun, hope you might as well.

Arff,

Victurd




No comments: