Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Jesus loves me this I know.......

Because the Bible tells me so.......

Some other stuff I know...  simply because observation, experience, 'been there' tells me so.....

If I have to pee, really REALLY bad, the light will turn yellow.

If I'm out driving, see an Aldi's, thus swerve into their parking lot - I will have 17 cents in change in my pocket.

The automatic flusher thingy at Wally World ALWAYS works when I exit the bathroom and there ain't no one in there.  The time that it doesn't work, and I exit...  uh huh... "Ahm, hi...howya doin'?"

40 pounds ago, i had this wonderful notion, "I know, I'm gonna try, really hard, to workout 100 consecutive days."  Long about day 91, I was feeling perty darn proud of myself.   Snowed that morning.  Lots.    Neither rain nor snow nor heat nor dark of night.. hell or highwater.  Four blocks to gym. Twenty-seven minutes to start car, get snow off, scrape windows.  Another, roughly 18 minutes to traverse those 4 blocks to the gym.  It was closed.

(Day 92, severe case of bronchitis. Ha)....

Gloom, despair and agony on me....

Proud, PROUD 'new' owner (awhile back) of 1999 Grand Marquis.  Proudly drove to watering hole to show my UAW townie friends.. "Oh, nice car - that will run forever."  "I know," I tossed in, "my dad always drove (the sister cars) Lincoln Continentals..200K miles on each and every one."  Next day, same UAW buddies, same watering hole.  Uh huh.  Won't start.  "Hey, can you guys help me push this across the highway to the mechanic joint? "  Did.  "Well sir, it's your fuel filter."  Whew, that can't be bad can it? "It's inside the gas tank, all in all, it will be $547 to fix."  Gulp.

Proud, PROUD 'new' owner of 2008 Chevy Uplander Van.  Nice.  All grandkids fit in it, wonderful trip to Omaha 3rd day I had it.  5th day I had it, radiator bad ($500+).  Inside first month, "Nah, I didn't pay that much for it.. I'll just get liability."  Dropped a cig, leaned down to p/u, uh oh, overcorrected, drove into a fence.  Engine caught fire. Totaled. Gulp.

Proud, PROUD 'new' owner of 2005 (CONVERTIBLE!) PT Cruiser.. Day 4, (NO VICTOR, please stop this!).. uh huh,  engine computer out.  Day 12, tranny probs.  Some couple $K's later, all is good.  Gulp.

Not all too long ago, I very quickly turned $100 into $200 (in like 5 minutes) playing blackjack.  If you ever hear "I always win", huh uh, they speaky with forked tongue.  On this day, I did, and had the good sense to get up, get out.  Next day to Wally World to splurge, buy some fattening stuff I shouldn't, dropped phone on the ground.  Uh huh, ruined.  To Cricket, phone kaput.  Uh huh, $100 for a cheapy replacement.

I have found... situations happen..  Relationships end..  Trivial stuff that seems large happens.. Just when the inclination to shout "Why me Lord?" I look around.. see REALLY crappy stuff happening to others - and I'm ridden with guilt.

Now, when "uh oh" happens, I'm ok.  I laugh.  It's really all one can do.  Were it not for misfortune, I'm not certain one would appreciate fortune.

With age, loss seemingly happens with more frequency.  Loss is sad.  Yellow light having to pee.. no quarter for a grocery cart..  snow.. bronchitis.. radiators.. engine fires. engine computers.. trannys.. cracked phones.. a relationship ending - ain't loss (in the true sense of the word).

Victor, (trivial) gump happens.  Sure, take a quick sigh, but then laugh at it.  Love others/all.  'Cause one day others might not be here.  Never fear using that word 'love', for one day you might not be able to.  Have fun along the way, and remember how blessed each and every one of us is.

Got the runs.  Er, I mean, gotta run.  Swinging by WallyWorld to poop.  Then off to buy a 'new' car.  JK.

Gloom, despair, agony happens.  Don't forget to Hee Haw about it.  Laugh and love along the way, If you're here, I love you.  If you're not, please know I love you and miss you.

Love, Victurd

No comments: