Sunday, May 12, 2019

One more.....

One more bowl of Spanish rice please mom....

One more......

Game of catch?..
An hour long visit on the porch swing?..

One more dialing 781-4398 to hear "How's my Victor?"...
One more time, going to bed, to say "Good night mom, I love you, you're the best mom in the world,"

One more trek across the Booneville bridge to hear you say "I always feel like I'm home here,"

One more trip to your office at William Jewell...
One more clever newspaper article to read that you've written, huh mom?
One more ballgame...

One more bus trip to Macy's downtown to shop for Christmas...

One more time just to see/hear you holding your breath until I caught mine after I coughed.

One more Kodak pic of you and dad at Christmas..

One more across Missouri trip to that slice of heaven, The Mill.

One more trip to see Santa on Court Street....

One more hour watching you sit in the window seat looking for dad's car when he gets home from a sale's trip...

One more smile...
One more hug.....

Embrace, before there are no more......

Happy Mother's Day...

No comments: