Sunday, May 12, 2019

I feel ya kid.......

As old age forced me to limp across the parking lot of the Community Center (going in to workout).. up ahead there was a young lad and his father walking out.

This lad was about a year or so past 'fit pitching age', but, he was doing that anyways.  Crying, LOUDLY, and walking with BOTH hands covering his ears.  I think many in my shoes woulda thrown a look of scorn, a few might even'a said something... I.. well, I kinda giggled - as I thought of the many times I've felt just like this little guy.  Maybe it was in part the fact he was a ginger too that influenced my giggle insteada scorn.

Not long ago, in keeping with my diet, I had a craving for a Wendy's Vanilla Frosty... Driving across 152 Highway in Liberty is in and of itself enough to make one want to cry and put both hands on one's ears.

"I'm sorry sir, but our Frosty machine is broken."  So... I pulled thru, crying, with both hands on my ears.  I didn't, but felt it.

Over the years, I've become quite adept at driving, having both hands doing something else, and steering with my thighs.  Just ask one former girlfriend who usedta scream, holler, grab my hands and place them back on the wheel.

7th inning, Phillies 7, Royals 0.  Crying, hands covering ears, straight ahead.

Tyreek Hill.. amidst the crying, muttering "Please say it ain't so", hands on ears.

There are, times in our lives, we just feel like we should cry and cover our ears.  Crap is gonna happen, so why not cover our ears when it does?

That one guy.  The guy who gives speeches with all the red baseball hat wearing folks behind him.  I'm crying, hands over my ears.

Divorce, death(s), health woes, peeking down at the scale after one waddles on....... much, makes one want to cry and place both hands over the ears.

Oh yeah, being in WalMart, having to pee, but finding oneself 612 yards away from the restroom makes ya wanna cry, throw both hands over my ears.  At least thataway, it mebbe it would camouflage the pee pee dance en route.

One still has to cry sometimes whenya peek at caller ID, but at least ya ain't gotta cover the ears.

As I age, I find myself in more and more situations where I simply wanna forecast my own 'weather', thus, I cry and throw my hands over my ears.  Akin to a spaghetti strainer, or, maybe even turning hearing aids off.

I can't 'act'.  I come from a family of folks that were in plays, plays and more plays.  Me, not so much.  Stage fright mebbe.  "Oh come on Victor, it'll be fun, you'll love it."  So, finally, they were doing a play, there was a part for a deaf mute. "I'll do it!"

I love acting in real life though.  In many times when I wanna cry, place both hands over my ears, instead, I simply throw a S-eatin' grin and maintain silence.  I think I ran many off here by occasionally dropping F-bombs and the like..oh well.   But... wanting to cry, throw both hands over the ears - but smiling instead is basically like thinking "F-you very much."  I so love old age.

I don't know what was wrong with the kid in the parking lot at the community center.. probably didn't wanna leave..dad said "no" to "can we go get a toy"", or, he was hungry, tired, and maybe it was because the wind was coming outta the East, who knows with little ones.

Formulating my own future, one fit throwing cry, hands over the ears at a time.

Love, Victurd

No comments: