Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Bulky Item Pickup....

I, along with millions across the land, awakened last night after two, three, four hours sleep, and then spent a full, solid, contentious hour fighting me, the fact I/we hadn't had enough sleep... many same ole same ole arguments where I beat myself up over things past, more frequently than the calendar flips to a new page.

Some of us were lucky enough to eventually go back to sleep, many argued on, belittling, demeaning, berating, the very person we should actually love the most.

On a positive note, I've started making coffee aheada time, so all I gotta do is hit the start button.  This happened to coincide with the time the morning paper hit the sidewalk.  Yes, I should get the damn clock to the indicate the correct time, and set the timer so I don't even have to push the button - but, between laziness and not knowing when exactly my contentious, interrupted sleep will end, there's no point to set it on auto.  Windy, sorry.

Then, after perusing the Sport's page - I swing by my Horoscope daily to ascertain what kinda day this will be perceived to be.....

I really liked my Horoscope this morning.  Insteada it being specifically for me - I'd prefer it be something we ALL could rejoice in:

"Be realistic about what you can do.  Trust facts and use common sense when it comes to your health and well-being.  Put your efforts into peace and harmony, not friction and chaos,"

Yo Adrian.  I'm a prize fighter.  You?

That is, I spend countless, frequent, way too damn many hours beating myself up for events of the past.

Ya know, we just had the "Spring Forward" time change, and yes, yes, yes, it's that semi-annual reminder to put a new battery in the smoke alarm... Our secret (please).  Long ago I was cooking something, smoke alarm went off, I took it down.  Finally bought a new battery a month or so ago.. Maybe by the time "Fall back" rolls around, i'll find it and get my lazy butt in action to put the battery in, re-hang the smoke detector.

BUT... I likes me the semi-annual reminders.  Speakinowhich (and remember, I write to me, come along if you like)... BULKY ITEM PICKUP happens in our fine City in April, and then again, in October.

Bulky item pickup allows one to get rid of large, unwanted, problem-some items, no questions asked.

I do hereby promise (are you with me?) to put any/every damn thing I've beaten myself up over, out on the curb, ne'er to punch myself again over it.  And I'll do it again in October, my Birthday month (it's the 13th, and that's Schultz-with-an-E if you're writing a check.)

Serious though - I think the vast majority of us beat ourselves up way too much, and way too often.  Time to kick it to the curb,  "put your efforts into peace and harmony, not friction and chaos."

We are human, hear us roar (but not to/at ourselves any longer.)

Stealing 5 easy steps from Psychology Today on exactly how to stop beating ourselves up, and to set our past woes on the curb:

1)  Focus more on positive self-talk.
2) Practice kindness to yourself.
3) Stop comparing yourself to others.
4) Think of mistakes as learning opportunities.
5) Be patient with yourself.

Sure, it'll take practice learning to love ourselves and stop beating our person up - but, usiing Bulky /Item Pickup (or, drop-off woes) it will become habit if we do it annually a couple of times a year.

"Love yourself, it's important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out."  Jenn Proske

Put your efforts into peace and harmony, not friction and chaos.......

Don't curb your enthusiasm, curb any and everything you've beaten yourself up on since forever, every April, and every October.  Allow yourself to get rid of large, unwanted, problem-some items, no questions asked.

Happy day... now whereinthehell did I put that 9 Volt battery.......

Love, Victurd



No comments: