Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hello Lord... If it's Ok by You, I'm taking the day off tomorrow....

Nothing's really wrong... I just plan on snoozing late... finally awakening to
the smell of the coffee I've set to brew at 10am... putting on a little classical music... light's low... mebbe a trip to the Community Center (if/when I wanna), where I'll bypass the workout room, head for the sauna, and finish off my trip in the jacuzzi... No newspapers, CNN, ESPN, WDAF, KCTV5, KMBC... no radio...

Yes, I'm sure nothing's wrong.. I just want a day off from:

The stock market falling 400 points...

Another article about the Big 12, and this school going here, that school going there... Texas TV revenue.. Congress's present spat.. The Liberal FB thingys, the Conservative FB thingys... The Palestinian bid...

The most recent “3 die in shootings in Kansas City”... Border atrocities.. Death penalty arguments.. Moammar... This athlete's 4 year $60 million contract... Foreclosures.. School layoffs.. Schools shutting down.. Any signs that relate the price of fuel... STRESSY!

Profanity.. Wow, today, went to smoke a cig (I know 'horrible' to some, but stress-breaker to me).. I thought I was standing in Bud's Pool Hall.. Fellow coworker dropped so many F-bombs in ten minutes, I was rethinking “whyinthehell do they call it 'a break' ?“...

Victor, you're really a grump tonight. I know... sorry. I likes “up” and sometimes TV, Radio, Current events, local events, sports, the world, make it difficult to keep them corners of the mouth turned up. So... taking the day off... with intent of keeping corners of mouth up, even if I gotta stand on my head.

I go back to onea my favorite Room 222 quotes (yes, I'm old).. Havoc was basically happening in the hallway, in the office.. nerves of all (students, teachers, administration) frayed.. Principal crosses his arms.. smiles.. calmly says “I'll never forget April 22nd.”... Bewildered coworkers, kids, fellow administration folks looked at him, and finally one blurted “WHY? What happened April 22nd?”...

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Seeya bright-eyed and bushy tailed Saturday morning, 9/24.

Love, Victurd.

(Oh.. and Lord... thanks for the very cool email with the “fun” church signs... My favorite was prolly the one that was almost covered by 3 feeta snow and it said “Will whoever is praying for snow, PLEASE stop”!)

No comments: