Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio……

Me? Ain’t been anywhere – basically literally. Same ole’ same ole’. Rut? Eh, life is weird in that – whilst we traverse the rollercoaster – there’s hella times of plateau within as well.

Like Ground Hog’s Day.. . the movie. Ya get up.. ya fill the same coffeemaker… Same tap.. Same tub.. sink.. same mirror.. same person.. same closet.. same empty bed (ok, an occasional cat within)…

Same road to work.. Same vehicle.. Same coworkers.. tasks.. Same payday.. same after work junk.. Whilst it seems fun at the time – ya look back and think “hell, I’m another year older and I ain’t experienced much in the last year.”

So… reckon why I ain’t written. Not smitten. Well, maybe am smitten – but, obstacles.

And you? The last time you got laid? The last time you went barefoot in the rain? The last time you used a phone with a cord to call your best friend? The last time you smooched at the Drive In? The last time it took you in excess of 30 seconds to unsnap a damn bra?

The last time you wrote on the computer and the sunofabitch underlined a word in red that you were just CERTAIN it was spelled correctly. People can be like Spellcheck ya know? Some, always there with suggestions, corrections, advice – and usually, their own back yard is stinky!

Victor, this isn’t sounding positive. Are you positive it ain’t positive? I rectum it’s simply reality. There’s shit within glory. Depths en route to mountaintops. Drab along with spectacular. Numbness coupled with “oh baby – oh baby”.

Actually – there’s been some very good ‘good’ in my life – always. You know what it looks like and feels like to see someone with their skin slashed – the yucky stuff showing? That’s kinda life. Outwardly, smiles, bright eyes, friendly chats – and there’s always that yuck stuff underneath. I thank goodness I realize this. I seek fun, to snuff out, de-amplify the yuck within.

Made it thru another season of softball without striking out or getting hurt – goals #1 and #2. The Brett Favre recent signing (again) makes me snicker in that I, like he, am the oldest dude in our respective leagues. Don’t care – in addition to ‘yuck within’, there’s ‘kid within’. Any day with a ballglove on is a great one.

I’ve not taken the beauty of summer for granted. We, us male piggies, delight in summer. Women, some, wear little diddies that certainly find male eyeballs ‘grabbing’ at… “hhhmphff” usually means “aha, it worked.” Just as bigga pigs as us – but you’re female, you (most) can’t admit that.

As the plateau and the rollercoaster of life travel congruently, facing winter again has me eyeballing Florida.. I know, I know “Victor what about the BUGS and the HUMIDITY?”.. (Please scroll to “little diddies” – and we’re talking 12 months a year!)..

I go now. Not mired, but following this present groove of life. A slot car that sometimes falls off the track. Normally circles and circles and circles – and then a diversion. Racing thru life is fun. And dreary. And UP. And, occasionally low. Hell, how could we not enjoy the ups so much if we hadn’t sloshed thru the mud?

What’s that you say, Mrs. Robinson
‘Joltin Joe’ has left and gone away?
(Hey hey hey – hey hey hey)

Chalk another year up. It’s been a ride. With love until the day I pee my pants and forget my name, Victurd.

No comments: