Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hurry…

A strange word. I’m here at 7:19am. Work starts at 8am. Hurry Victor. You promised yourself you would write, now get with it and write.

K. Bitch.

With hurry comes racing hearts. Just reminded that on the Interstate. Basta’s wheeling 70 mph down three lanes.. guy behind me one car length cushion. Why? Why hurry like that? You’re going to work! But we do – we speed, we switch lanes, we see a slow car in the distance – move over Rover… we see the car coming from the ramp to get into the traffic flow.. “huh UH.. u ain’t gettin’ in before me!” HURRY!

Sex. Or so I’ve heard. Been awhile, but, hAsN’t AfFeCtEd Me… honest.. People hurry into sex. WHY? It’s SEX! Onea the grandest things God has given to us – and we HURRY! Holly mackerel.. go slow and enjoy! He’ll/she’ll be there for some time – ain’t no reason to pitter-patter-oh-baby-COME-ON thru it! We take our time at work, but we RACE thru sex. I no comprende.

Sometimes hurry understood. Few years back – buddya mine gotta phone call. His daughter living in Anchorage – he here in the middle of the US… “You’ve got to come quick.. she was tubing behind the pickup truck, hit a tree, her neck is broken.” Can u imagine? The fret, the tummy yuck, the tears, of hurrying all the way from Kansas City to Anchorage? Happy to say, good ending, she’s fine. Godspeed, as in hurry – and she did.

Thirty three minutes until work – yet, I HAVE to have that cig at 7-fitty… Smoke break, can’t wait. HURRY. Eyes eyeball the hour – 9:30am happens, ZOOM. Hurrying off to pollute my lungs. And I enjoy it. Go figure.

Airports, we hurry. We hurry for sex, and then we hurry to jump on the airplane where we can absorb three hours of white knuckles, tummy ache, and damn near aerobic-sized heart paces.. This does not compute.

Grabbing that last item you needed off the shelf at the Piggly Wiggly. Lane 7 only has one other person in it, and I see that bitch with two kids rolling towards it.. NUH UH! That spot is MINE! HURRY!

Going to a concert, ballgame, theater… HURRY! Kids, get dressed damnit. We’re gonna be late if you don’t step it up!.. Again, don’t understand. You’ve got a set time for the event starting. You’re headed for enjoyment, yet, you frantically get ready at home, rush to the car – race down the highway.. drag little Johnny by the arm running a 4.8 second forty from the parking lot to the ticket window.. HURRY! We’ve got fun ahead, COME ON DANGIT!

Kid’sll be home in thirty minutes. HURRY!.....

Pulling a prank on a friend. Fun hurry. Smiling hurry. Laughing hurry.

Like virtually everything in life, hurry has it’s bad and it’s good. Timed tests in school, remember those SOB’s? I hated ‘em. Normally, within’ minutes my number 2 lead would snap, I’d pee a bit, raise my hand to request another. Then, I was that much farther behind, and besides, that GD Susan sitting to my left was waay smarter than me – and now she’s got a 2 and ½ minute lead. HURRY VICTOR!

I have heard “You’re kind of a laid back guy.” Rectum. Believe me though – I’ve certainly had my hurry moments in life. Hurry and tell me this is a dream. Hurry we’ve got to get to the concert/ballgame/theater. GD I can’t wait to get white knuckles. Biotch, move over, I’ve got 8 minutes to traverse 10 miles to get to work on time. Baby I ain’t had sex in so long, screw the buttons, let’s rip these puppies off, k?

I MADE IT!.. I’m done. I know, you wanted me to hurry and get this shit over with didn’t ya? Did. It’s 7:39am… I’ve still got time to check my email and see how many women haven’t written me. Why I might even hurry out for an additional cig.

Penny for your thoughts? HURRY!

Much love, Victurd.

No comments: