Sunday, January 04, 2009

The problem is all inside your head

She said to me
The answer is easy if you
Take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle
To be free
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover

Weird. Till death do us part. To many, having said that affords a near lifetime of misery. To others, it’s only a part of “The Big Day”, traditional, might as well say it. How I feel now, could change tomorrow, next year, later this evening.

Run inta many that stayed “for the kids”… “because I value(d) my word, my vows”… “I thought he/she would change.”… “He fooled around on me in year two, my 25 year marriage shoulda been a 2 year marriage”…

She said it's really not my habit
To intrude
Furthermore, I hope my meaning
Won't be lost or misconstrued
But I'll repeat myself
At the risk of being crude
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your lover

Marilyn, don’t be gnarly, just hop on that Harley…

Don’t be a snail, Gayle, and send that email…

Grab some boxes, move back in with mom, Tom.

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Ya just never know ya know?… Interesting this is written by Paul Simon who also wrote “Sounds of Silence.”… Victor.. Don’t tell me you just did the silence thing didya? Please don’t shoot me… she knew it was over.. I couldn’t step up to the plate and say “I just don’t feel it any longer.” You stop all the schtick, Vic..

She said it grieves me so
To see you in such pain
I wish there was something I could do
To make you smile again
I said I appreciate that
And would you please explain
About the fifty ways

Wow have we seen the ways. Buddy’a mine, his wife left him with five kids for her female lover. Just find a new ho, Jo…….. Physical abuse. God Bless those women. Seen it all too frequently. With the exception of child molestation, this is even lower than white whale shit at the deepest part of the ocean. Just leave before the kill, Jill…. Neglect. Why we lose interest gets me. But, seen, heard that too… Just run from the apathy, Cathy…

She said why don't we both
Just sleep on it tonight
And I believe in the morning
You'll begin to see the light
And then she kissed me
And I realized she probably was right
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your lover……..

Mebbe, just mebbe, if we give everything more thought, breakups wouldn’t happen so frequently. Frienda mine abides by the “6 month rule” as in, “we don’t get naked for 6 months.”.. Uh huh, should be a plan.. (But, in six months, what if that dude’s belly is revolting once I finally see it? Ya just run from the flab, Bab)…

Seriously, how does one know? We don’t.. There’s no possible way to “absolutely make sure”… Nada, none. People change. People marry for the ceremony, the pomp, the stage. People marry because they’re receiving attention like they’ve never received it before - then it wears off.. People think they’re in love when it’s lust.

50 states to leave your lover… just leave with your pal, Cal… walk out the door, what the hell Del… Just get up and go Flo.. Just hold back the kiss, Miss.. Just turn the car key on, Conn.. Just hide in the den Ken.. Just go, don’t be contrary,Mary..

We join our lovers too soon.. We leave our lovers too easily.. Or, overstay our stay.. The leavin’s never fun… Is there ever perfection? Nah, but we’ve all seen many who do quite well thank you very much… So it is possible.. And if one finds it ain’t working? 50 ways to leave your lover…

Ya just fly like a bird, Turd… I’m the baby, gotta love me, love Victurd..

No comments: