Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm an ever rolling wheel

Without a destination real
And I'm an ever spinning top
Whirling around 'till I drop

Dating. Weird. Who knows. What’s next. What for? Why not? Eh, mebbe. Mebbe not.

Oh, but what am I to do
My mind is in a whirlpool
Give me a little hope
One small thing to cling to

Just my take. Shoot me if you like. There’s an order. A circle mebbe you could call it.

Us’ns. (Men.).. First and foremost: looks. True. Oink. Color us: Pigs.. Second, personality. This, looking/observing this, comes looooooooong after being completely and totally immersed in a gal’s looks. We (can) become so ‘into’ this, there can be advances made, things said, behaviors done – before we ever take one look at a woman’s personality. Mosta the time, by then, it’s too late.

You got me going in circles
Oh, around and around I go
Going in circles
Oh, around and around I go
I'm strung out over you…

You’ns.. (Women.) “What do you do for a living?”.. Say/think what you want – that’s the numero uno question out there. Then, a quick decision is made. Yay/nay. If nay, patooey, gone, history, no chance. If yay, THEN number two on the ‘waiting list’ is looks. Ok, so he’s got the job – let’s take a look see at him. “Turn around there mister, lemme checkout them Wranglers.”

I'm a faceless clock
With timeless hopes that never stop
When I feel that way
You know my soul's at stake

Third, yes, third, on “The Lady List” is personality. Repeating, men linger in the looks area far too long – women don’t get to the meat of things (his personality) until he’s been $coped over fairly good.

I'm strung out over you( I need you baby)
Uuh, I need (I need you baby)
Call me (I need you baby)
I need baby, my baby, my baby
My baby, my baby girl

Far, far too often – we each look at the shit that ain’t really that important – and get to know the person lastly. Bassackwards. Just my opine, and no, I know the pecking order there ain’t always like that – but more times than not.

It’s got me going in circles. Oh but what am I (we) to do. I'm an ever rolling wheel without a destination real.

Me thinks, it’d be fun to force the first date to be mandated blindfolded. Each. With the question in mind, could I live with this person? Would I get along with this person? Do I enjoy his/her voice? Thoughts? Ideas? Direction? Concern for the world? Love of animals?.. Are there negative connotations?

I’ma thinkin’ many a wonderful heart has been passed by (by men and women alike) for us all focusing on this chit that ain’t quite so important. I do believe I just learned something today. Figured it out? Not “no” but “hells no” – but, perhaps a little closer.

Still…..

It’s got me going in circles….

Love, Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!