Thursday, January 15, 2009

And here’s to you, Mrs. Robinson

Jesus loves you more than you will know
(Wo wo wo)
God bless you, please Mrs. Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
(Hey hey hey – hey hey hey)

Wow. It’s been awhile… but… that’s another song, so for another day…

We’d like to know a little bit about you for our files
We’d like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home…

Little bit about me? Old. Tired. Hehe. Actually, I find myself asking the same thing these days. A good/bad thing. Close your ears – I’ve never lived alone. Right now, this very day – I’d like that more than anything in the world. Sure, love the kid – but being single at this age (to me anyways) finds one in the “age 2 to 9” mode of “me, me, me.” And to that I ask “why not?”…

And here’ to you, Mrs. Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know
(Wo wo wo)
God bless you, please Mrs. Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
(Hey hey hey – hey hey hey)

Prayer. I’m thinkin’ it works. Close relative, surgery to take biopsy of brain yesterday. Intense. Very. Some six hours after a four and one-half hour surgery I heard “Hi Vic.” Prayer works. As do the remarkable hands of doctors.

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
It’s a little secret, just the Robinson’s affair
Most of all you’ve got to hide it from the kids…

Eh, not the day to discuss affairs. Understand they happen. Not real sure I endorse that. I’m of the ilk it’s better to say “hey, something’s wrong here” insteada unzipping ones pants.

Coo coo ca choo, Mrs. Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know
(Wo wo wo)
God bless you, please Mrs. Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
(Hey hey hey – hey hey hey)

Please add Coo coo ca choo to the list of fun items. Thanks Paul, Art.

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon
Going to the candidates’ depate
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you’ve got to choose
Ev’ry way you look at it you lose

Tuesday. Trying to move a shipment around Baltimore Tuesday. “Oh sorry, can’t. All the bridges, interstates will be closed due to the inauguration.” I’ll buy that. Back to prayer. I pray for civility. In a way, racism is like terrorism. Scratch the “in a way” – it IS like terrorism. I pray nothing happens (ever) and that his Kennedy-like invigorism leads our country down the right path. Microsoft tells me invigorism ain’t a word. Should be.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
(Woo woo woo)
What’s that you say, Mrs. Robinson
‘Joltin Joe’ has left and gone away?
(Hey hey hey – hey hey hey)

Where’ve I been? Eh, just taking a break. Actually joined the gym again. Victor, that’s so contrite, typical. First of the year, resolution crap. I’ll talk to you in May to see how many times you’ve been there. Eh, prolly right. It’s me. I lead a binge life I spose. Woo woo woo.

Nothing special going on – but in a sense, that makes everything special. I am blessed my eyeballs get to take on, view every day. Not taking for granted the brain in my head that allows me to observe, deduct even if at times slightly askew.

Please, for me. Kiss the mirror. If ya can’t like urself, who canya like? Choose smile over ‘duh’. Touch often, be it by physical, letter or verbal. Suckup each hour, minute – and leave a few to completely immerse yourself in whateverinthehell you wanna… For we all are special….

Love, Victurd.

No comments: