Thursday, September 01, 2005

When the dog bites... when the bee stings...

when I'm feeling sad... I simply remember my favor-ite things, and then I don't feeeeeeell, soo bad...

Yes, raindrops on roses ain't bad....

Calling a cat and having him look at you like "be for real"

Returning the love to a tail that's wagging for you...

A light rain on a 90 degree day...

Driving by places that bring back memories...

Driving in the country...

Having a full gas tank AND money left in billfold.

The Caribbean Cooler (I think it's called) It's a long, circular ride at Ocean's of Fun.. No impetus needed, the flow of the water keeps one in motion. You raft, you lounge, you move. Peaceful.. Oh so peaceful, in spite of all the termites screaming nearby...

The natural noises of a summer night...

Cool mornings...

That first cup of coffee...

Music that sends gyrations thru the bod...

A smile returned...

The Sport's page (sorry)...

Plunging in the warm waterbed on a cold winter night...

Plunging in the cold waterbed on a hot summer night...

Making waves in the waterbed, any temperature (Oh come on dammit, lighten up, this is about favorite things... and if that don't rank up there... geez!)

The perfect symmetry and green-ness of a Major League Baseball Stadium...

A smiling rugrat with no front teeth...

The first days of a walking infant... the excitement within.. the leaning for them.. and the deep breaths one draws from worrying about "boo-boo's"...

The days when you could go somewhere, plop the kid on a blanket on the floor, and he/she is young enough they can't go anywhere. Now THAT'S my kinda parenting.

Payday...

Frito's....

Peanut Butter and banana sandwiches (again, sorry)

Walking...

A hammock...

The shade...

Fixing the car and there ain't no parts leftover...

Holding hands...

Kissing...

Eyes that talk...

Feeling reciprocal 'feel'...

Relatives..

One-putting...

The internet...

Linguistics...

Clever IM's...

Fun emails forwarded that you ain't pressured to forward or send back to sender...

Fleetwood Mac...

The Allied Saints (local band)...

Peanut M&M's...

A voice on the other end of the phone you've been dying to hear...

Pictures of me when I had a flat belly...

Pictures of me prior to San Andreas faults...

A bike ride...

A game of catch...

Pickup basketball...

$3 blackjack...

Teasing co-workers...

A job well done...

Knowing, in spite of results... I've done my best...

Touching...

Contributing to another's self esteem...

Beautiful people...

A weekend trip to anywhere but home...

Being around water...

People who read every damn word of blogs and don't fall asleep whilst doing so...

My friends...

I don't feel sad (or bad)at all. Quite the contrary. I just didn't feel like writing or story-telling.. so..... I shared somea the crap that makes me happy.

YOU... Yes YOU dammit.. what makes you happy?

Say a prayer for the folks of LA, MS, AL, FL and remember, for every looter story, sniper story, there's gotta be 100 untold Good Samaritan stories... I gotta email from a cousin this morning... said "I feel so guilty living here and having 3 empty bedrooms when I know people down there would give anything to be in one." DAMMIT I hate (love) when people say things like that, think of them before I do. That rocked.

Oh yeah, I forgot Debbie. (One of my favorite things).. It's scary good. Been all of 13 days and seems like a year. (And that was meant complimentary/so natural).

Life is long (we hope) - stay tuned. G-Night

No comments: