Thursday, September 29, 2005

fall....

Ain't it wonderful? After months and months of coming in from outside to stand in the way of the fan - or, to catch a snippet of AC... it's a tremendous feeling to "want" a jacket.

Life's cycle continues... Clockwork... Why is it, as our eyes age and become weeker we simultaneously become more attuned and appreciative of such changes? Ya think it's because we know that day where we won't be able to do all that is beckoning? Eh, I dunno.

It's probably only because we know winter is not far behind and we better suckup the good days whilst we can. I always wanted Florida. Something about a decorated palm tree just doesn't ring true for Christmas though.. Two piece binkini's in the Piggly Wiggly - yes... Illuminated coconuts - no. Give and take huh?

So, I'm gonna let them eyeballs feast on the changing of the trees... The football lights in the distance... Finding the jacket from last year and seeing if it still grades out on today's style... Folding and putting away shorts to a place I'll remember come May... wondering if my 36" waist will still fit in them the next time. Wouldn't it be great to HAVE to buy new 34" ones next year? Yeah, right.

Daylight Savings coming to an end. Shit. Dark is depressing. Unless of course there are two to share dark. Mebbe that's why so many babies are conceived during this time.. Kinda bassackwards to athletics. When you're young, you smooch and bear the fruit of a snotnose. IE, you practice, then you have the real game. When your older, you push 'the real game' out of the nest, then you practice! Hooray for practice. Why does 98.6 + 98.6 feel warmer?

Work beckons. Shit. Nah, I actually love work. Been the constant in my life for the last few years. Now, adding ingredients to that recipe of life. Even though I can't cook worth a crap - I'm enjoying the meal!

Have fun with your life cycle. Stick your tongue out at the little things and gasp and record the wonderful things. Save room for dessert too. Happy day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about umbilical cord blood preservation. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on umbilical cord blood preservation and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Check engine light and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vic! Haven't been to your blog for a while, but glad to hear things are going well for you. You sure have a knack for writing--I hope you will publish it someday and let others enjoy. Sometimes I feel it's like I'm reading something from "Wonder Years."

Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding freezing umbilical cord blood and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Check engine light your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on freezing umbilical cord blood was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for freezing umbilical cord blood for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at freezing umbilical cord blood. You never know you may find some good deals!

Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about freezing umbilical cord blood. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on freezing umbilical cord blood and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Check engine light and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your blog Check engine light. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of cord blood banking canada and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on cord blood banking canada. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!

Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about baby cord blood banks. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on baby cord blood banks and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Check engine light and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I will snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff on here that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

Anonymous said...

Vic, I miss your blog entries. Please consider continuing them. Hope all is wonderful in your world. Btw, you're a talented and charming writer.

Hugs...
mbabes1@yahoo.....aka Mary
http://worldaccordingtomary.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»