Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Smiles.......

Death is horrible, and eventual. This weekend I was with Debbie when her father passed. Eight children - all united in love to this man. Tears, stories, memories, items of days past throughout the house treasured... Each child uniquely dealing with his death in their own way - mostly through tears - but all with smiles later.

Me being the only one left in my own nuclear family - I love it when people conjure up memories of my mother, my father, my sister. It's always done with a smile. Pretty friggin' good when you stop and think about it.. Sadly, some leave this earth and haven't left reason for those remaining to smile.

I didn't know Debbie's father all that well - but I know tons more of him now - and he's all about smiles. The smiles he passed down to his children are being returned tenfold. The ultimate tribute - being gone and remembered with smiles. He is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victor, you always seem to have the best attitude about all situations. You are such a special person and Debbie is so very blessed to have you with her at this time. I'm sure your smile makes everything better for her right now as she needs lots of smiles and hugs to get her through this rough time. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you first hand......my cousin Victor has a GREAT smile that is a delight to behold. I love that you're smiling now Vic. So is Vanda Kay. Love and hugs, Jeannie