Sunday, September 04, 2005

Peace

What a powerful word. Our lives hinge around it. We live in our culdesacs, farm houses, high rises in peace because of the men and women who've protected we have that assurance..

Peace will happen again in New Orleans. Hopefully peace will reign again in Iraq. We mold that, and proliferate it..

Every waking moment is all about peace. Not just the peace that provides us the freedom to mostly do and say as we feel - but inner peace. THAT'S a humongous one.

When my mother passed away, while it was sudden - there was peace. I was at peace for the recipricol loving relationship we'd cherished over the years. We each had a great appreciation and love of the other...

Every phone call we make, every interaction with whomever - the bottomline is 'was there peace'? Yes, we can disagree, yes we can argue, yes we can be upset, yes we can say things we regret (and hopefully undo later)... It's all about peace. We are human, not perfect. Those imperfections and the acknowledgment of it within ourselves and within those we relate with help formulate peace...

Yes, there've been some engagements where I've not been proud of the ending - and peace could have been established earlier - but again, human, not perfect, but human.

There are lucky relationships where peace flows so freely... Yes, it's said "don't get too high on the highs, nor too low on the lows" - but there are moments we need to stop and reflect - and yes, perhaps gloat about the bond of peace with an individual that's played a major, major role in our lives..

My stepson, whom I love dearly and has taught me so much over the years - ends every phone call with "peace." Perhaps I'm biased - and I use the word only for impact, but I believe that to be far fucking out.

While I'm not a member of any designated religion - for many years I attended Catholic services... I truly cherished those moments where we were asked to stop and extend "peace be with you" to those surrounding us.

Peace is all about fears, cheers and tears.. Yesterday, as I walked thru a hospital hallway - an infant, perhaps one and one-half years old - waved to me from her father's arms. We're born with peace - thankfully the vast majority care and strive for peace. We'll not allow others to impede our way.

Thanks to those who read - it brings me peace that you do... Compliments to those who live with peace within their relationships and those that surround them. The eyes close easier at night when there's peace.

Those awesome words: passion, love and feel. They're all about peace. Powerful, spine tingling, earth shattering.

We are so, so lucky to have peace within our lives - and should be so so proud to have lived a life of peace.

Love,
Victor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victor, I love reading your blogs and everytime you IM me, I do feel PEACE. Thank you sooooooooo much for bringing joy and peace to all you touch. You are a very, very special person!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»