Sunday, September 24, 2017

Melancholia...

Well, that ain't what this about, kinda. Wiki, when describing autumn.. one of the 'associations' is melancholia. Wiki, the Google of the dictionary world, tells us about Autumn/Melancholia:

"The possibilities of summer are gone and the chill of winter is on the horizon. Skies turn grey, the amount of usable daylight drops rapidly, and many people turn inward, both physically and mentally. It has been referred to as an unhealthy season."

I wonder what Wiki says about "Hogwash?" (OK, wait, I looked that crap up too: "Foolish talk or writing. Swill. Nonsense: bullshit.") Just quoting, my relatives, I NEVER cuss. But, when you look at Autumn, what a weird spelling. Thinka any other words that end in 'mn'? Damn, me neither.

Where was I? Rambling. I do that, sorry, kinda. I'm a tad ADHD, get off track. The "Where was I" reminds me of my good friend at work. He converses fairly frequently with himself (and I love that about him) and I can count on him saying "Where was I" once every couple weeks, and I always chime in with "Grandview, MO."

I say hogwash because I love autumn. September 22 thought December 21. Many people love Autumn, and if you don't believe me, think of all June, July, August and September birthdays. Uh huh, what I said. If the house is a rockin'. (Aha, I see you counted, and yes, June is 9 months after September!)

Change, transition. While I truly love my SoCal friends, and am somewhat envious of them not even owning a pair of jeans, I'll take the seasons, and Fall is one of my four favorite, ha.

I mean,come on. Ya' take that last splash in the pool, ya' road trip one last time. Back to school shopping, closer attention paid to "magic numbers", wildcard standings... One eye is on the second closet, and little by little, ya swap longsleeve for shortsleeve. Last month, seeking end of summer bargains, I bought a really cool color orange t-shirt (really cool to me anyways) for THREE DOLLARS at WallyWorld. Got home, put in on a hanger, damn - it's longsleeve. I thirst to wear that sucker.

Melancholia? Well, howabout getting to spend more time with your mate? Well, I think I remember that. Binge watching, sucking up the final days of the screened in porch, getting under the blankets away from the cold air, snuggling, spooning, what better?

Of course, the leaves. That's maybe #1 of what people think of when they think of Autumn. Well, that and the harvest. Oh, and Halloween. Yep. Thanksgiving.

I see autumn as a time to give, experience, thanks. Thanks Oh Lord for another season on this planet. I promise to cherish each day, be very aware, and suckup all there is to suckup. Yeah, even when the leaves, and those little bastard oak mites, start falling to the ground.

Football. Yes Al, I too played high school football. Liberty-ites will will remember The Low Road. The Twin Drive In. Apple picking baking, warm drinks by the fire, smores. Yum to the Yummy. I ain't a hunter, but would be remiss not to mention it, since soooo many men count the days (and me thinks many wives may too!) Fall brings back memories.

In the summer, ya really don't stop, look out the window and pay attention. In the Fall we do, with a sense of appreciation.

Fall festivals, funnel cakes, apple cider.. Sweaters, flannel, socks (I never wear socks in the summer), frost on the pumpkin, time to fill up the the windshield wiper junk. Go ahead BlueDevil, you color that stuff blue, nope, not me, I love fall, change, transition, and getting to do it allover again. So, bugoff so to speak.

I'm about out of things to say about Autumn (I know, I'm kinda glad too.) So, I'm gonna get outta here, go live it,love it, appreciate it, put my Three dollar T-shirt on.

Sorry Wiki, you struck out. (In keeping with ADHD,I "Wiki'ed" that too. Learned Nolan Ryan is the all-time strikeout leader [5,714], Reggie Jackson struck out the most [2,597] and that five Boston Red Sox pitchers combined for the most strikeouts in nine innings, 21. Wiki, ya whiffed. Swing and a miss. Do not pass go, and do not collect $200. Fall even includes The World Series!

For Autumn, I have Fall-en, I love. Love, Victurd




No comments: