Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Help wanted………


For years, the financial stronghold of the newspaper industry, not so much now, help wanted for them.

Lady, flat tire, yep. Toddler, arms stretched upward. Destitute, carboard sign.

Good friend, works in staffing. “Lots of jobs…. $10.50 to $12.00 hourly.. No interview required, just talk to me and I can get you started!”

Doggy/doggys.. . 48” kennel… forced to lay in their own squalor. Help. Wanted. I don’t really know anything better than being here, but, take me, teach me that I’m wrong, open me up to the world. I’ll wag, lickya and love ya -we'll keep each other warm.

The human. Addictions. Relationships. (“He/she has no desire for intimacy.”).. the other night, overheard, young man, father of two under ten years of age, “she stood this close to my face and said ‘I don’t love you.’ “ Damn. No relationship. The want is, simply, help – to be wanted. Want to be wanted. For some it comes, some, it never does.

ACA, no, not perfect… expensive, but, ‘helps’ all. Who knows the answer, last two plans, would leave way to many with help wanted.

“Rocketman.” “Son of a bitches.” “I grab women by the pussy.” Help, maturity, decorum, wanted. I can't fathom the reaction of Mrs. McCarty, my fifth grade teacher.

Picture of child. Perhaps siblings, in paper. “Good home wanted.” Damn. Damn damn. Bless those that do. Another friend fosters, with very much love. Bless them. Giving the help the child wanted.

“It was my fat Elvis period. I was eating and drinking like a pig. I was depressed and I was crying out for help. IT’s real. And I meant it.” John Lennon

“Sometimes the loudest cries for help are silent.” Anon.

“Never, never, never, never, give up.” Winston Churchill.

Bless volunteers. Act, without ever hearing “Help Wanted.” Stealing from internet, no author listed: There is nothing you can’t do. Sometimes you just need a little help…. When you help other people, you help yourself. It’s impossible to not feel great when you do good for other people.

Guy I graduated from High School with – done VERY well for himself, his family. We (most, many) without saying so much, “take this job and shove it, I ain’t working here no mo’ –“ Social Security, Medicare. He, on the other hand, does charitable work 40 hours (or more) per week, when he could be off in Cabo, Maui, Venice. Nice. Nice help, wants to.

I admire, truly, those who help, give, and never really want anyone to know about it. Another buddy. EVERY Saturday morning, EVERY Saturday morning, hands out food to those in need. Could be golfing, sleeping late, off to Branson, Lake of the Ozarks, nope. He wants to help. We, are of the far out era, “far out.”

We are all human. We all err. We all, some silently, some in written verse, some verbally, ‘ask’ for help. It’s wanted, needed, and it's ok, we've ALL been there.

“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”….”The time is always right to do what is right.”… “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend..”.. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”.. All quotes by MLK. May his lessons teach us forever – we’re a Nation of help wanted.

Don’t fear asking. Don’t fear helping. Never, never, never, never, give up.

Love, Victurd.


No comments: