Thursday, August 10, 2017

Hurry up and wait.......

I'm not a fan of waiting. They say, for every minute you wait, if feels like three.

Dr's offices have "Waiting Room"s.... ER... doesn't make sense when you're sicky, you need help,
ya gotta wait.

Wait it out. Wait a minute.

VICTOR YOU'VE TOLD THIS ONE BEFORE! Wait a sec dog breath, it's my blog, I'll do whateverthehell I wanna.Buddy o' mine. When he, his lovely go out to eat, they sign in as "last name Starving"..I wonder if it shortens the wait?

Wait for it.

All good things are worth waiting for and fighting for.

I plagiarize all the time but hey, what the heck, you too can Google and write/copy/paste whatever you want too, huh...

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become once you achieve it. And, the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for and fighting for.

I reckon.

I ain't sure who C. JoyBell C is, but she wrote this one, and in spite of having to offer apologies to my relatives, (it's got an F bomb in it) I loved it. So be prepared (as in "wait for it") ha:

“When I was little and running on the race track at school, I always stopped and waited for all the other kids so we could run together even though I knew (and everybody else knew) that I could run much faster than all of them! I pretended to read slowly so I could "wait" for everyone else who couldn't read as fast as I could! When my friends were short I pretended that I was short too and if my friend was sad I pretended to be unhappy. I could go on and on about all the ways I have limited myself, my whole life, by "waiting" for people. And the only thing that I've ever received in return is people thinking that they are faster than me, people thinking that they can make me feel bad about myself just because I let them and people thinking that I have to do whatever they say I should do. My mother used to teach me "Cinderella is a perfect example to be" but I have learned that Cinderella can go fuck herself, I'm not waiting for anybody, anymore! I'm going to run as fast as I can, fly as high as I can, I am going to soar and if you want you can come with me! But I'm not waiting for you anymore.”

Wait, I liked that.

Lemony Snicket, is lemony really your first name? I kinda like what you said though in The Ersatz Elevator:

“Are you ready?" Klaus asked finally.
"No," Sunny answered.
"Me neither," Violet said, "but if we wait until we're ready we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives, Let's go.”

Senor' Edward Verrall Lucas comes with:

"I have notice that the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them."

Reckon that's true. Gotta buddy who is (minimum) 15 minutes late any time we go somewhere, so, of course, if we have a tee time at 4pm, we tell him 3:45. Works... for awhile.. then he figures it out. So.... we wait. Usually too, he's jollier. Go figure.

Waiting breeds all kinds of things. I'm a people watcher, but also a "line watcher." Isn't it weird the variety of behaviors, attitudes in wait? I've seen the dudes/dudettes at Mickey D's whose patience goes thin after they order, so they put it in reverse for a couple feet, wheels to the right, pull out hastily as if to say "screw you". They no likey waiting.

License bureau. Ug. Parrish the thought. Oops, I mean perish the thought. I kinda enjoyed the last time I went to the license bureau. Ya check in, sha-zam, there's your name up on the board, and it tells you have many more minutes ya gotta wait. Mine was 1 hour, 37 minutes - but, some waiters didn't wait, so I got in and outta there in 43 minutes. (Played Sudoku while waiting.)

Train. Nuttin' you can do. Ya gotta stop. One time, no, not band camp - one time, not knowing the gosh darn back way into Knuckleheads, we got stopped at the train tracks. Waiting. And waiting. It lasted, honest, 30 minutes. Whilst we were in wait, this chick I was with (said lovingly) managed to place her driver's license, her credit card and a couple of $20's down her bra. (She knew that would keep me from her buckaroos, ha.. just wait!).. Anyways, whilst in wait, we thought "hey, what a great idea!.. Let's invent a bra with a pocket!" YEAH, FABULOUS IDEA!.. so... wait a minute, later that night we Googled the idea and hell, there were 73 manufacturers of bras with pockets. Damn. We waited too long. What boobs we were. Hey, can I have/take $20. Ha!

I'm not good in wait. I remember my Junior year in high school on the basketball team, sitting, waiting, sitting, waiting. My buddies in wait with me (Ralph and Doug) also tired of waiting - but - making light of it, we grabbed some colored tape and labeled the places where our butts awaited either a blow out, an injury, or, maybe a coach who felt guilt in us waiting so damn long. Anyways, we put a "V" in tape, an "R" in tape and a "D" in tape. The VRD guys. Ain't it Fleetwood that says "we make loving fun" (or you make loving fun, hell I don't remember).. our take was,
"we make waiting fun." Ya gotta take a positive from it, I mean howinthehell are you supposed to checkout the cheerleaders, pom pon gals if you're running up and down the GD (gosh darn) court?

Another I've told before: If you put your wife and your dog in the trunk of a car, which one will be the happiest when you open the trunk?

I know, this is like a bad book, you can't wait for it to be done. Sorry.

A bit ago, I went to get my passport. Post office, Grandview MO. I entered as 7th in line.. on my lunch hour.. realized, when I was finally 3rd in line, I'd forgotten a needed paper. Damnit darnit. Drove back to office, grabbed the piece of paper, back to PO, crap, 9th in line. My lunch hour, by that time, was kaput. FINALLY, I am next in line. I puffed my chest out like a bird does with their plumage and thought "I am SOMEBODY!"..

So, one, count 'em, one person doing Passports (the others handing out stamps, weighing crap, charging, collecting).. One person doing Passports. MY TURN, YIPPEEEEEE! Up I go, and as I go up goes her sign, "at lunch." Remembering that I'm old, remembering that it's the Government, I kinda took pride in spouting "HEY, how long will you be?".. Our eyes met, poof, she was gone.

Some of the folks who were old like me, behind me in line, gave up. Being rightfully old, a couple of them said mean things to the postal clerks who had absolutely nothing to do with the staffing of the Passport position, but hey, reckon guilt by association huh? Waiting does strange things to folks.

Finally, one hour and 23 minutes into my lunch 'hour'... a lady, who happened to be deaf, was at the Passport position. Damnit Victor, you didn't get upset did you? It was I. I chopped down the cherry tree. Forgive me Father for I have sinned (internally, I'm very sorry)..What an idiot I can be. She had a chalkboard, and also the most fabulous smile I'd ever seen.. I got to see it maybe 12 times during our very quick application/acceptance of the passport thingy. I cursed at myself the next time I saw a mirror for getting upset. Sometimes waiting turns out beautifully.

Sometimes it doesn't. Who knows.

One thing I love, whilst waiting, visiting, talking - is asking couples "how did you meet?" Best one I think I heard was a dude who said "I saw her and I knew.. so I asked, would you go out with me if I went up on stage where the band is and did a backflip?" Figuring he really wouldn't, she said "sure." He did, and it was the beginning of wonder for them both. He flipped for her I guess. I wonder if anyone ever met their loved one waiting, waiting in line?

Even a snail will eventually reach his destination.

Love, Henry Gibson, er wait, I mean Victurd.

No comments: