Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weather or not......


Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see
Blue birds singin' a song
Nothin' but blue skies from now on

Contrary to Willie, or Irving Berlin, or Ella Fitzgerald, or whoeverinthehell wrote this - nuh uh. The weather ain't always chirpy. Correlate, neither are we...

I never saw the sun shinin' so bright,
never saw things goin' so right
Noticing the days hurrying by, when you're in love, my how they fly by
Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on

Mebbe there are some miraculous folks out there who always see sunshine (including those in love),
I prefer to think most endure all the temps, and TRY to think sunshine.

Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see Blue days,
all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on

Today, a dreary day here in the Midwest. Boomers perhaps remind us of a greater power, a better place. Sometimes though, life, and/or weather - make me wanna dive headlong into bed, throw a sheet, a blanket and two comforters over me, hence, stating "go to hell for a bit world, I just wanna be alone, I don't wanna whistle, smile, yap, email, text, answer the phone - whatever, I just wanna snooze and hopefully awaken to blue skies (and perfection - ha!)"

Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see
Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on

Snow happens. Frigid occurs. Wind slows the path, or knocks you over. Caught in rain sends chills, a miserable feeling shortly after.. (Just ask my granddaughter.. her good intentions g-pa took her for a spin the other day in the convertible... "oh crap, I din't see that rain cloud".. followed by "you deserve this screaming at the toppa my lungs g-pa" until I could pullover and get the top back up.)...

Heat. Very hot. Fan can't spin fast enough. AC can't keep up. Can be immobile and still sweat. Drenched happens.

Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see
Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on

Life, attitudes, traffic, work, people, sports, politics, luck, lack thereof - liken the weather. Unless your butt is parked in San Diego - it ain't never perfect. Yes, I'm aware that's a double negative, but sometimes weather (and life) propels doubly negative. Blog general intentions are to boost, cheer up, look for the positive. Sometimes, there ain't any overcoming cloudy, dreary, sleepy.

Wait a minute, it stopped hailing,
Guys are swimming, guys are sailing,
Playing baseball, gee that's better,
Muddah Fadduh kindly disregard this letter.

You tell 'em ya little snotnosed Annie! Love, Victurd

No comments: