Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yummy.....

Threatening skies off in the distance... a rainbow guarding the way 'tween...

Butter pecan ice cream...

Puppy breath...

Fist bumps...

An engine that cranks every time you turn the key...

Toddlers with the giggles...

Rivalries, kinda... I've been so immersed in the MU/KU thing.. I'd forgotten about Louisville/Kentucky rivalry (they play each other Saturday in the Final Four).. I guess today, at a clinic in KY, two 70+ males, each in to get dialysis treatment.. were chatting... talk turned to basketball... one a Kentucky fan, one a Louisville fan.. a 'finger' was given, and soon they were in the middle of treatment in full fist warfare. Rivalries, albeit occasionally frustrating, are yummy.

Coconut cream pie.

"Play Ball".. the cracka the bat... the sound of a fastball landing in the catcher's glove.. "Take, me out to the ballgame, take, me out to the crowd".. 7th inning stretch.. Spring...

Invigorating folks...(I'm old, apologies, kinda) Chuck Berry, Ray Charles, Elvis, Buck O'Neill, the Beatles, the Stones, Andy/Barney, Dolly, JFK, MLK...

Finding a $20 bill in the pocket of the jeans outta the dryer...

A friend elated over overcoming a hurdle...

Kudos from higher ups...

Kudos from a working peer....

Kudos given to a working peer...

Smiles...

Emails in the inbox from folks that make u smile before you even read em...

The "Like" button..

People ur own age... people younger... people older... (And listening, learning from each)...

Friday, 5pm......

Intimacy... (sorry, kinda)...

Monday, 8am ("Thanks, I getta do it again")...

No alarm clocks, Saturday, Sunday.

Relatives, all varieties, distances, ages...

Chili cheese Fritos...

A 300 burger, Stroud's chicken, Jackstack pulled pork, Corner Cafe breakfasts, Ponaks, Hayes, Bryants...

Attending a Royal's game.. attending a Chief's game... Watching a game (anywhere) with a crowd that is 'into it'...

Love, all kinds...

Salted peanuts, cashews, pecans, that first cuppa coffee.. the morning paper.. the weather forecast.. the first contact of the day, and our reaction therein.

Cats that could give a rats about your whereabouts, feelings.

A vanilla ice cream cone........

Listening to elders talking about 'yesterday.'

The excitement in a grandchild's eyes, followed closely by reciprocal excitement of g-baby's folks...

Life...

The sun...

The moon...

The dark...

The alarm clock...

Friends...

I'm not all yummed out, but common sense tells me to stop....

Common sense...

Love, Victurd

1 comment:

SimplyyMayra said...

Hi Check Engine Light! I don't know if you'll remember me, but I work with Jana. I came along for the X-Mas "singing" you coordinated this past years for the Nursing Homes. Anyway, back then she told me about blog and that I should check it out. I wrote the blog name on a post-it-note and threw it in my purse. Needless to say, I found it today in one of the purses I had put away in the closet. So I decided to look up your blog and say hello and to let you know I enjoyed reading your posts. I noticed you have no way I can follow. What's up with that? Lol

Anyway, I started a blog about way over a year ago and never followed thru. I re-started back in Feb of this year. If you'd like to see who I am and see if you remember me, you are welcome to visit me there...blog name is PonderWonders and can be found at simplyymayra.blogspot.com.
Thanks! Tootles