Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!

Can I be semi serious for a moment?

Hi, and thanks to all for the very nice birthday/birthday wishes. Today's blog will be short and hopefully sweet.

I think, when you/I were younger, we weren't quite so attentive. We went, did, kinda with blinders on.

As one ages (my take), you don't verbalize until after you scope out the situation, the reactions/behaviors of those all around.

In spite of my recent “two occasion run-ins” with snotnoses (as always, said lovingly) at fast food joints – I'm here to espouse our youth of today.

My life, at present, is perty simple. I work. And I occasionally (haha) go to “my joint”.. Within those travails, I run across boo-koo 20-somethings, 30-somethings. Where I work, 80 or so folks, the vast majority, 20/30-somethings.

From this,observances/interactions, I am not at all worried about our future as a country. With technology changing/rearranging/updating/adding onto faster than we change undies – the youth of today can/do handle. Will handle. We older folks hold one arm out in resistance - standoffish – the young ones say “bring it on... we can handle... we frothe new information.” And they do.

This ain't so much about that though. This is about the treatment of folks like me/mebbe you....fitty-something and up, by twenty/thirty-somethings.

My dealings, quite frankly, have been superb. I try to harken back to “was I that nice to older folks back in the day”?... and I ain't so sure.

I'm sure though, today's youth is/are phenomenal. They demonstrate care... concern... CAMARADERIE..fun.. optimism.. GENUINENESS in asking about our day/life/past.(And absorption of our answers).. interaction... “looking at us old farts as equals”.. and perhaps the largest one, they BEFRIEND US.

Having a birthday causes one to 'relive' the past year. I am S-O-L-D on the youth of America. And very proud (And thankful) to call many among them, friends.

Love, Victurd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, guy. Are you running for office? Because if you are, this is a GREAT way to get some votes. If not, it speaks of a kinder, gentler Victurd, which is a shock and an amazement to some of us who knew you "when." I always knew you had it in you, though. Here's to many more deep reflections. Ollie

Nancy J said...

Aww. I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday to you.
I hope you had a wonderful day.
I'm a 30 something ish.. Who's slowly on her way out of the 30 something isheshes.
But i'm glad to call you my work friend.. You a good all around dude. And i have enjoied working with you for the last 10 years. You are definatly on of my Fav's :-)