Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 years ago, Don sang....

I don't believe in superstars, organic food and foreign cars
I don't believe the price of gold the certainty of growing old
That right is right and left is wrong that north and south can't get along

That east is east and west is west and being first is always best
But I believe in love I believe in babies I believe in mom and dad and I believe in you

(Yes, loved the 'veteran' Thomas Jones/Superstar '#1 draft choice' John Baldwin fist fight in pre-season due to Johnathon's “I am somebody” attitude)..
Organic food.. gimme a #2 please, and supersize the fries... GM, Ford, Chrysler for me please.

Mom and dad will always be mom and dad, even if in this day of frequent separation. Babies. I have a 10 month old granddaughter, you better know my opine there!


I don't believe that heaven waits for only those who congregate
I like to think of God as love he's down below he's up above
He's watchin' people everywhere he knows who does and doesn't care
And I'm an ordinary man sometimes I wonder who I am
But I believe in love I believe in music I believe in magic and I believe in you

Nice. Once heard “your true religion is the life you lead, not the creed you profess”.. Many might disagree.. Bottomline though, ok “not to necessarily look the part... but TO BE the part/believe” =ok.

Well I know with all my certainty what's going on with you and me is a good thing. It's true I believe in you

“You” as in wherethehell are you? Jk, kinda

Well I don't believe virginity is as common as it used to be
In working days and sleeping nights that black is black and white is white

That Superman and Robin Hood are still alive in Hollywood
That gasoline's in short supply the rising cost of gettin' by (Gas was $1.35 in 1980, a postage stamp fifteen cents, dozen eggs 91 cents, average wage $17K.)

But I believe in love I believe in old folks I believe in children and I believe in you I believe in love, I believe in babies, I believe in mom and dad and I believe in you.

Some things don't change with time. Cept me, and mebbe u. Reckon we're old folks now. Love, babies, mom, dad... believing in you. Life is still very good, some 31 years later. I believe.
Love, Victurd

No comments: