Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Got any spare change?

Change. Whadda wonderful word. Change jobs. Change homes. Change cities. Change places.

Overnight trip? Changea clothes. Outta the tub and into undies? Change? Nope, that was yesterday, today’s a “flip ‘em” day.

Change? RCA Victor. Jukebox. The 78. The 33. Magnetic tape. Hi Fi. Cartridges and cassettes. Digital. The hell’s a CD? MIDI. Blue-something.

“The more things change, the more they stay the same.”… 40th High School Class Reunion. Woah. Change… Many still the same – but the outtards have changed. Change too in that mosta the ‘cliques’ are no longer so solid, now penetrable. Cool.

“Victor, you’ll never change.” Nope, prolly won’t. I gets stir crazy here at work. Likes my smoke breaks. Get on me? Change the rules? Then I’ll clock out ‘cause I enjoy ‘em so much. Uh huh, wrote that on my yearly self evaluation – not relating proudly or braggadociously, just truthfully.

Marriage? Change names. Changes decision-making. Kids? CHANGE. And MORE change, ching-a-ling……………… “I’m leaving now.” Change of heart? Changing homes. Mates. Lives. Holy shit – that’s a change. Hey, there’s no noise here now, weird. A change. Ah, but I gots the entire bed to myself – nice. But a change. I’ll eat whats I want, when I wants, go wheres I wanna go when I wanna, turn wherever I wanna whenever I wanna. Drive this speed, that speed, this close, that far – change. Relationships, into ‘em… whilst in ‘em… and ending them.. change.

Regrets in life? Too late now on past crap – can’t change it. Niftily, can paint today however we wanna. If change is your passion – go for it. I’ve grown perty comfy in my own skin – even though it don’t fit so tight any longer. Changing, ya know?

I ain’t stopping and asking for directions. (He’ll never change Mildred. Even with the advent of GPS.)

DAD?!! We’re MOVING - AGAIN? Oh man, I gotta change schools. Towns. Friends. My life. Yucky-patucky. 19 times we moved in my childhood. Last time announced “we’re moving” – sister dug heels in. Was of the age where she said “the hell we are.” Didn’t. I love Liberty. Man it’s changed.

Paper maps. Land lines. Floppy disks. Film cameras. Pay phones. Stovetop popcorn. AM radio. Mercury thermometers. Hotel keys. Cash. Encyclopedias. Slide projectors. Typewriter. Wow, change.

Weather. Don’t like the weather in Missouri? Wait til tomorrow. I’m moving to Florida, need change. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Change.
You need to change your ways little missy. You’ve got to change your evil ways – baby, before I stop lovin’ you. You’ve got to change, baby, and every word that I say is true.

Resistant to change. Hesitant to change. Change-smange. He’ll never change. Wow, is she a changed person. “I’ve GOT to make changes in my life” (This is a recording.)

2 and one-half mile cab ride from downtown Tijuana, Mexico to US border. Smallest bill, a fitty. “OH, NO CHANGE SENOR!”.. Damnit….

Change planes.. Change lanes.. Change directions.. Change heat/AC settings. Recline the seat. Move it forward. Adjust/change the mirror. Aykroyd/Murphy, Trading Places. – change.

Was thinking the other day – oh how times have changed. Wondering what it woulda been like to have arrived here on the Mayflower. Many yesteryears – all vastly different. Long from now – will probably barely traces of ‘today’ still around. Different folks. Different lifestyles. Modes, means, methods, desires, hopes, wants. Change.

Sposeta have freezing rain here today. That’s a change. Unwanted. Did I mention Florida up there somewheres? Have fun with change… I myself plan to resist. Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Aww, Victor. I have a love/hate relationship with change. I know it has to happen, but I get so comfortable with the familiar.